Ogden Utah peeps

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Ogden Utah peeps

Post by SynthDesign »

Any members in the odgen utah area? A long time Tercel enthusiast/owner and one of my friends from the Seattle Washington area is stranded and looking for an ignitor module or a running distributor to get him home. Also, if you have any diagnostic help, he'd be much greatful. His current issue is lack of continuous spark. They just replaced the coil and no luck. Previously had intermittent stalling/starting issues spark related.
His ride is Rhonda, an 84 TWD SR5 that just rolled over 200k for reference.
20210217_103135.jpg
Message me and I'll forward his cell #
synthdesign@gmail.com
425-241-4143
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Ogden Utah peeps

Post by Mattel »

Hey Synth. Is your friend on facebook? it might be worth them putting a call out on the Tercel 4wd facebook group. If not I can do it if you like but delete your cell phone number.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
wild
My tercel:: 85 SR5 wagon 4WD manual

Post by wild »

Hey Ogden friends, I finally figured out how to login. Thanks synth. I'm in Huntsville with my mechanical friend (beautiful restored Betty Blue MG owner). Hopefully we can check the ignition module today and confirm if it is working or not. Rockauto has one it seems, but I hope to find local today.

Maybe meet local owners who aren't busy. My current three are Tammy (380k miles 1986 found in Cali and rebuilt by petros), Tonya (1985 from Montana new engine installed by synth 190k miles), and Rhonda (1984 refurbished 2yr ago by synth 200k miles at parleys summit last week).

What a ski week it has been here, now I hope Rhonda can get me back to Seattle Sunday. Thanks to synth and Dan. And this forum
Nordical25
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2 4wd 1987's. One with 4a, other with 3a

Post by Nordical25 »

Hi wild, you can maybe find ignition module locally but Rockauto is a good option if you need some additional stuff. They have still pretty good Tercel part selection.

I don't know about local meetings but here some members will organize Tercel meet & greet. You can find additional details if you search for meet & greet 2023.