And today we pay homage to the mighty Tercel....

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Fingers
Top Notch Member

And today we pay homage to the mighty Tercel....

Post by Fingers »

Yes, first real snow here in the STL MO area. And all those days of bitching about the slow-ass Terc have been wiped away, as I climb the hill to my house (I live on a street called Hilltop), watching all of the big trucks slide and spin. I traverse the hill like it was clean and clear. People stare in amazement as I blaze down the covered highways, never losing control. Ahhh, the wonderful Tercel....

Fingers

86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
DontFive

Post by DontFive »

that brings a tear to my eye. :)

-Paul
Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever.
2manytoys4menow
Advanced Member

Post by 2manytoys4menow »

That great . I'm going to drive up to the mountains this weekend to see how the terc does . I have driven it in the sand but not the snow . Do you have stud's on your car ?? my buddy in Grand Rapids , Mi Has never seen stud's . He say's they can't use chains either . They just salt the crap out of the roads :roll: . no wonder stuff rusts so bad back there .
CHEVY BUTCHER
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Kevin -
In case you see an old guy with a ponytail and a gold SR5 chugging along in the slow lane in St. Chuck tonite or tomorrow A.M. - it's me! I was kidsitting for a daughter in St. Pete - near Birdie Hills and Ohmes - today.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Haha! Thats beautiful!! Well said.

I wish it snowed more in my region. We only get about 1 week of snow a year, but when it happens, my tercel is king of the road. :twisted:
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

We just saw the hottest day in a week today... 18F!! lol. It was warmer in Alaska a few days.. No joke. What significance does this have? The 4 inches of snow that came down have gone nowhere (except on the innercity roads that have been Mag Chloride'd)
I just had Hankook snow tires with studs thrown on. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try the studs. Verdict?
How does pegged down a winding downhill road covered in snow and ice and not losing control sound? How about not slipping when I did an EL drag-start?
I love the Terc...
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Typrus wrote:How about not slipping when I did an EL drag-start? I love the Terc...
....as the spirit protector of all T4WD transmissions....you might hear the faint wailing in the wind....be nice to your trans....be nice to your trans....whoooooooooooooohhhhhh.....

......remember those metal filings.....whoooooooooooooohhhhhh..... :roll:

....don't have any fun......whoooooooooooooohhhhhh..... :roll:

............the end is near.............whoooooooooooooohhhhhh..... :roll:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Thanks all for enjoying along with me.

This is the first year of running 14's (185/60), they are just the Kumho Ecstas, and they do soo great in the rain. So I'm giving them the snow blast, as opposed to the Uniroyoal 175/70/13's of last year. They seem to be doing fine, maybe a little more slippery in the loose snow, but much better than the Yoko's on the 'Rolla! Never ran studs or chains, I think they would be good for icy conditions, but the noise just annoys the hell out of me on clear pavement.

I'll keep my eye out for ya Arch, I'm sure you enjoyed the chance to use 4WD!

I had lots of fun on our snow night in the parking lot in front of work. After about 6 or 7 tries, I put her into a spin, and instead of making a big circle, I just kind of spun around in the same spot for quite a few turns, til I ate away all the snow. And there is nothing like seeing arches of snow flying out from all 4 corners.

I think the best thing about the Terc, is the fact that no matter how stupid you get, if you just let off the gas she gets her footing back almost immediatly. I never fear throwing it around the corners.

And I still think it's funny how when I stop to offer to help pull people out of their driveway or a ditch, they just laugh. But I just wave as I drive away, you're the idiot in the jam....so much for trying to help....

Hey Takza, are you a Red Green fan?

Fingers

p.s.Hey, off topic, anyone here familiar with injector waveforms? I have a few queries I'd like to make if so....
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

I'm getting ready to leave work right now, and it's snowing like crazy, the first time this year. I can't wait, I actually enjoy driving in crappy weather in my Tercel. I just put my winter wheels on too, no worries about the salt getting on the shiny ones.

One hour to go,

DA
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Fingers wrote:
...are you a Red Green fan?
Just one word...........DUCKTAPE ! ! ! (sic!)

Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Fingers wrote:
Hey Takza, are you a Red Green fan?
I watch now and then...sort of an unofficial member of the Possum Lodge. I do like duck tape. :lol:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...