Beware Bonanza auto wrecker

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Familyguy78
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd Sr5, Fed emission but no cat converter. Manual transmission, with air conditioning.

Beware Bonanza auto wrecker

Post by Familyguy78 »

I ordered a driver door window from here, paid over the phone with a card, and the window hasn't shown up and it's been 2 weeks. Be careful of this place
Familyguy78
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd Sr5, Fed emission but no cat converter. Manual transmission, with air conditioning.

Re: Beware Bonanza auto wrecker

Post by Familyguy78 »

The window finally arrived but with the metal tabs at the bottom broken off. I'm hoping I can transfer the old bracket from the broken window. No idea how to do this though.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Are you talking about the metal rail at the bottom? If so it's easy to swap, there is no glue or anything, it's just the pressure of the rail and the rubber that hold onto the window. Use a block of wood and a rubber mallet to tap the rail off the glass, and then use the rubber faced mallet to tap the good rail onto the good glass.

xirdneh made a good video about this a while back. Make note of the lengths he mentions when you install the channel, it will help it stay functional for longer. Here is that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dky8rsB7vOE
Familyguy78
Advanced Member

Post by Familyguy78 »

Whaaat!? Thank you dlb!! It was a pain to find this piece of glass, and I'll give this a shot tomorrow!