A potential source for hard to find new parts.

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Mogordo
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 Wagon

A potential source for hard to find new parts.

Post by Mogordo »

Has anyone heard of a company called "Amayama"? I was searching the internet for a crankshaft oil seal collar for my '83 Nissan/Datsun Sentra and a little surprisingly actually found a source for it. Their warehouses are in Japan, Australia, and UAE. They have parts listed for many Japanese makes. I skimmed through their Tercel listings and most said for '84-87' . Some of the parts are listed for 3A-U engine though and I don't know what the difference is from the other engines. Even if a part is listed as available they do an availability check before procesing your payment as sometimes their inventory list is not up to date. I ordered the part on 11/23, the availability check took about two days to finalize, I received the part on 12/2. They sent me frequent updates on the status of my order so I didn't find myself wondering if things were going fine. They will not take returns if you made a mistake in the part you ordered so be sure it's what you want if you ever order from them.
Shipping was of course expensive. For my $12.00 (rounded up) part that weighed a little less than 1.5 ounces I paid $20.00 in shipping. So costs for heavier items might be prohibitive but it was worth it to me to get what hopefully was the last part I needed to get the car back together and find out if it is still operable.
One who walks in shoes always clean likely walks nowhere at all.
Mogordo
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 Wagon

Re: A potential source for hard to find new parts.

Post by Mogordo »

I forgot to do a search before I posted that. I just did one and I see some people tried them and didn't actually find the Tercel parts they wanted.
One who walks in shoes always clean likely walks nowhere at all.
SirFoxx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel w/ 7age

Re: A potential source for hard to find new parts.

Post by SirFoxx »

Mogordo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:18 am I forgot to do a search before I posted that. I just did one and I see some people tried them and didn't actually find the Tercel parts they wanted.
amayama sources parts directly from the oem. if the oem doesnt have it, then they cant get it. i tried using them to get headliner clips, screws, etc. and all they could source were the screws.
1988 DLX 4wd Tercel Wagon w/ weber (RIP)
1985 4wd Tercel SR5 (RIP)
1986 Base 2dr Hatch (RIP / PARTS)
1986 DLX 4wd Tercel Wagon with ???
1985 DLX 2dr Tercel Hatch w/manual swap
1981 2dr Toyota Tercel w/7age (RIP)
1981 3dr hatch Toyota Tercel w/Turbo 4AGE
1981 3dr hatch Toyota Tercel SR-5