Much better

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
AlexArrow
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 Wagon 4WD

Much better

Post by AlexArrow »

I rebuilt the carburetor. Got lazy when I first got it and didn't give it a proper cleaning. It sat for a while, gas went bad, varnished and was dirty. So, I gave it a deep cleaning while I rebuilt it. Also had to replace the pump. Added a proper filter too. Then I sorted out the vacuum lines. Forgot about the diagram under the hood. Part of it confused me at first, the stuff off to the left, but got it figured out. Turned out, I did have a few in the wrong place. Replaced a few lines while I was at it. Next, I need to check the vacuum valve in the air filter housing. The problems I've been having go away when I plug that hose. Also need to reassemble the HVAC as I removed the A/C parts. Was missing the condenser and even then, I wasn't going to use it. It's my winter car and even when it is driven while warm, it has the sunroof. Going to use those parts in my summer car.
While I was up front of the car, I took the bumper off and found the area where the condenser would go is a good size/location for my little winch. Right next to the subframe, too. Just need to make a bracket/mount to ensure its strong enough.
Gonna need to check the fan, too. When I first got the car, it stayed running. Cleaned the sensor connection, but then stopped working. Ran a switch to it, but that causes a weird problem. If I don't turn it off before the engine, it causes the engine to run for a few extra seconds. Also, the fuel gauge/sender/senser may have stopped working.
I also have an idea for a paint job and want to add a tow bar for my little trailer so I can haul the snowblower.

Going to need to work hard, as I start a full-time job soon.

Gee, didn't expect to have that much to say.
AlexArrow

Re: Much better

Post by AlexArrow »

Winch!
IMG_20220926_171756319.jpg
(Oh boy, that photo did not come out good.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Keep up the hood work, these are fun little cars! And functional!

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

That was quick, AlexArrow!

Forum member simon84 installed a winch in his tercel in roughly the same spot not too long ago.

viewtopic.php?p=115305#p115305

And here's a pic he sent me of using it the first time to straighten a post at his place.

20220908_193354.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlexArrow

Post by AlexArrow »

Yeah! When you don't have A/C, the condenser area is a good spot! Fits nicely and can build a frame straight between the bumper mounts/subframe.