Converting back to factory carb

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Stevea108
My tercel:: 83 and 85

Converting back to factory carb

Post by Stevea108 »

I am converting my 83 t4wd back to factory carb
For fuel economy and because i live in nw montana and weber doesnt do well in deep freeze or 100 plus which are both common here. I have 83 parts car with factory carb to put all the pieces back.
Wondering what are biggest thinks to replace after engine has been modd for weber? Or any other tips.
Thanks for any info!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Converting back to factory carb

Post by dlb »

Do you still have all the emissions components that go with the stock carb? If not, they should be easy to find -- lots of people swap to Weber's and throw out all the emissions stuff. I find the stock carbs work best with all that stuff in place and working properly.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Converting back to factory carb

Post by Mattel »

Agree with David. Take heaps of photos of your stock parts car. When I went back to factory carb I put one car next to another and took one hose off at a time and replaced it in the same place on the swapped car.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms