Parts car(runs and drives...barely)

Trying to sell your Not-A-Tercel or looking for parts, post here, you never know!
Teryoda
My tercel:: 1990 Toyota Tercel, stock (so far)

Parts car(runs and drives...barely)

Post by Teryoda »

So I've got a 1990 tercel in ok shape and am looking to part out. Still runs and drives but it's lost compression in a cylinder. 275000kms. Wondering about part compatibility? Trying to cast a wider net as I know there aren't many on the road nowadays. Thanks!
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Parts car(runs and drives...barely)

Post by NWMO »

Virtually zero, possibly brake components up front, wheels and not much else.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

the front brake rotors, calipers and flex hoses can be used to up grade the '83-87 Tercel4wd. also, oddly the sun visors are a few inches larger and can fit as an up grade into the earlier models Tercels (I have a set in my 4wdTercel). There are few other small parts, like the interior dome light, perhaps the grab handles, the rubber clutch and brake pedal cover I think are the same perhaps, and a few other small as I recall. Wheel and tires.

not much else.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
blueberryhill
My tercel:: 1988 tercel ez

Post by blueberryhill »

hi, all.

i’ve still got my beloved ‘88 tercel ez hatchback. my driver’s side exterior door handle stopped working a year or so ago. anyone know if this handle assembly/mechanism would be compatible? if not, what compatible models should i be looking for? i don’t know what exactly broke inside—last i looked, a rod had been hanging loose, so i think whatever it was attached to, broke. haven’t gotten around to opening the entire panel yet, just enough to take a peek. any thoughts appreciated.

jess
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

blueberryhill wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:17 am hi, all.

i’ve still got my beloved ‘88 tercel ez hatchback. my driver’s side exterior door handle stopped working a year or so ago. anyone know if this handle assembly/mechanism would be compatible? if not, what compatible models should i be looking for? i don’t know what exactly broke inside—last i looked, a rod had been hanging loose, so i think whatever it was attached to, broke. haven’t gotten around to opening the entire panel yet, just enough to take a peek. any thoughts appreciated.

jess
Your tercel is from the third generation so the one this thread is about should be compatible with your car. I would pull the panel off though (easy, only takes a couple minutes) because it's possible nothing is actually broken. The door latch mechanism is comprised of some metal rods that snap into plastic connectors so take a look and determine which one is loose and where it should be connected to. If you're lucky you might just need to pop it back in. I would lubricate all the joints in the system too though while you're in there.
blueberryhill
My tercel:: 1988 tercel ez

Post by blueberryhill »

thank you dlb! fingers crossed you’re right.