Wanted*** 3ac motor for 87 Tercel wagon.

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
zado
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Lifted Wagon

Wanted*** 3ac motor for 87 Tercel wagon.

Post by zado »

I live on Vancouver island. Willing to drive to mainland or organize transport. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Wanted*** 3ac motor for 87 Tercel wagon.

Post by dlb »

Haha, hey bud. I was chatting with you on fb about the engine in my parts car. I just remembered a guy who may be able to help you. I'll see you a pm.
zado
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Lifted Wagon

Post by zado »

Thank you so much! I love this website. Car has been sitting in a barn the last three years. I am on the hunt for a new heart. Can’t let it go!

I am also considering a 4ac. Do all 4ac motors fit or do I need one from a specific car with a specific block to fit the 4x4 case?

Another option I have is to rebuild the motor currently in it. It runs, with a bottom end knock. Bottom end bearing… if anyone is interested In rebuilding it I am willing to pay. (Have not checked compression, yet)

I am also toying with the idea of a crate motor, any feedback is really helpful. I am on Vancouver island, anything on the mainland is difficult for me. Thanks.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

zado,

It would need to be out of a Chevy Nova or possibly a Corolla. The 4A block is a twin to the 3A, but you have to swap the oil pan, valve cover, brackets, accessories, etc. A newer 4AFE is NOT what you want.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hi Zado, use the search above as their are a lot of engine swap information on this forum but as Chris says.plain old 4ac is the easiest. 4afe is great but has issues with fitment and you will need to replace a lot of wiring and fuel system to get the efi working.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms