My 86 SR5

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
TYT
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel SR5

My 86 SR5

Post by TYT »

Hi fellow Tercel people! I recently finished my Tercel build (or at least for now, because we all know how these projects go - ever improving and restoring, and sometimes adding new elements to the old classic), and I'm excited to share it here. This Tercel SR5 was handed down to me from my dear mother. My mother and father owned two Tercs during the course of my family's early years, so for most of my childhood, I was virtually raised in these cars. And this one in particular, appearing now on the other side of its transformation, is the one I became especially attached to as a kid, and especially now in my young adult years when the vehicle came into my possession. Here's homage to the good ol Tercel wagon, a project, that in truth, I undertook to make my dear mother proud by restoring the very car she swore by - a vehicle that got her and her kids to countless events, family outings, school days, baseball/softball practices, band/ballet rehearsals, dentist and doctor appointments, and more. Well done good and faithful car. Now enter your rest as a collector vehicle (that will still be driven very often!).
Will post more pictures later detailing the journey to restoration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TYT on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: My 86 SR5

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome!
What a great legacy and memories you have!
And - what a gorgeous Terc!
Keep the photos coming, please!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
TYT

Post by TYT »

ARCHINSTL wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:29 pm Welcome!
What a great legacy and memories you have!
And - what a gorgeous Terc!
Keep the photos coming, please!
Tom M.
Thank you Tom! Very cool to be a part of this group, helping each other keep these classic cars alive. I need to reformat nearly all my photos of the vehicle I have right now because they seem to be a little to big to upload.
-Lucas P.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

Great story, welcome to the forum.

That is a nice looking tercel4wd. where are you located?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
TYT

Post by TYT »

Petros wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm Great story, welcome to the forum.

That is a nice looking tercel4wd. where are you located?
Hi Petros,

Glad to be a part of this forum, thanks for the welcome. This forum is a tremendous help, and really a big reason Tercels are still on the road, so a huge thank you for what you and the other administrator(s) do!

I'm in Arcadia, which is in the Los Angeles area, though most of the restoration I did on my Tercel took place in CO where I'm originally from.

-Lucas
LowBuckCanuck
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Post by LowBuckCanuck »

Love the bull bar! Nice Tercel!
Press2
My tercel:: 86' Tercel 4WD AUS

Post by Press2 »

Got a photo of the rear mate? Do I see a spare tyre mounted on the rear? This thing looks mean!
slow car 86' Toyota Tercel 4WD
fast car MK6 Golf R
always on jack stands car E36 325i Drift Build
TYT

Post by TYT »

Press2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 am Got a photo of the rear mate? Do I see a spare tyre mounted on the rear? This thing looks mean!
Sorry for late reply, feast your eyes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toyotise
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD DLX. 1986 4WD SR5

Post by Toyotise »

Nice looking rig! Very tastefully done. Glad to see you didn’t go lift it. Keeping that stock reliability. Cool roof rack, rear mounted spare, and front brush guard!
Keep it Stock; Live Long.
TYT

Post by TYT »

Toyotise wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:41 am Nice looking rig! Very tastefully done. Glad to see you didn’t go lift it. Keeping that stock reliability. Cool roof rack, rear mounted spare, and front brush guard!
Thank you Toyotise! I put a lot of thought and intention into this build, so I really appreciate your compliments!