Australian sales brochure

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

I think it was Motor Trend that called it Street Racer because you could race it on the street all you wanted and no one would ever notice.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

keith wrote:I think it was Motor Trend that called it Street Racer because you could race it on the street all you wanted and no one would ever notice.
" Come now, Sir ! Have you no shame ? "
SURELY you are not referring to the Towering Tercel SR5 !

Actually, shouldn't our cars have been called the " SR6 ? "
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Advance your timing just short of ping...be prepared to wind it up to 3-4K a lot...and the car will move fairly fast...at least it seems so.

Nice thing about the 3AC is it's ability to wind up without vibration. Still say it was a candidate for the formula T racer at one time.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

"I always thought it was an Asian reverse piggyback on the German designation of really hot cars as " RS, " for "RennSport," or "Racing." "

Hmm, hope so. My current "Favorite Car EVER" is the Audi RS4, which recently trumped the previous long time champs BMW M5 and 911 Turbo.

Heck RS4's only one number away from SR5.. Coincedence?
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

ARCHINSTL wrote:
keith wrote:I think it was Motor Trend that called it Street Racer because you could race it on the street all you wanted and no one would ever notice.
" Come now, Sir ! Have you no shame ? "
SURELY you are not referring to the Towering Tercel SR5 !

Actually, shouldn't our cars have been called the " SR6 ? "
Tom M.
Actually that article predated the "Towering Tercel SR5" At least the 4WD wagon we have. I think it referred to the first Corolla Tercel, the one you couldn't drive if you are over 5'9".
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I'm quite comfortable in my sisters Corolla Tercel and I'm getting close to 6'1".
lol
But I must say... If ever we were in a roll-over, my neck would be broken. Lol.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Australian sales brochure

Post by terceldude »

Now lets see the NZ MARKET SPECIFIC sales brochure and, if possible, the matching accessories catalogue.
K-Business
drafting3d
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 100% original

Post by drafting3d »

Im certain it was never marketed in NZ, they would have just imported the JDM 'AL25 Sprinter Carib AV-11'
NZ had heaps of great JDM imports that Aus never got.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

drafting3d wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:30 am Im certain it was never marketed in NZ, they would have just imported the JDM 'AL25 Sprinter Carib AV-11'
NZ had heaps of great JDM imports that Aus never got.
Wanna bet?

I uploaded two pics of an NZ model range brochure from 1986 that I bought on eBay, during the pandemic before it was snatched up, and in it on the non-cover page it shows a silver 4wd Tercel at the bottom. Totally NZ market and definitely not a Carib because I know the difference between the two
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

The only thing is that the seller, a gentleman from Australia, had it returned to him because of the pandemic but promised to send it to me when the pandemic was over
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Though yes, they did import many Caribs as well. You would be correct about only that
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re:

Post by terceldude »

dcn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 am Lol my brochure ('87) calls the engine 'peppy'. I guess that's a better sales pitch than 'just adequate'.

Also, what's with the 'SR' series engine? Internal Toyota thing or is it an Aussie thing?
It was a technology Toyota of AU had used when making the AU 3A-C engine, just like Toyota of JP used LASRE (Lightweight Advanced Super Responsive Engine) a d sometimes PegaSUS (Precision Engineered Geometrically Advanced suspension) etc.
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Re:

Post by terceldude »

terceldude wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:03 pm
dcn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 am Lol my brochure ('87) calls the engine 'peppy'. I guess that's a better sales pitch than 'just adequate'.

Also, what's with the 'SR' series engine? Internal Toyota thing or is it an Aussie thing?
It was a technology Toyota of AU had used when making the AU 3A-C engine, just like Toyota of JP used LASRE (Lightweight Advanced Super Responsive Engine) and sometimes PegaSUS (Precision Engineered Geometrically Advanced SUSpension) etc.
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Hey drafting3d, this was the rear of the brochure I sent those two pages for:

Now do you believe me when I prove you wrong about your denying the existence of an NZ Tercel 4WD?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K-Business