I don't remember this being stock...

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Starmarst
My tercel:: 82 coup, 85 wagon both fwd

I don't remember this being stock...

Post by Starmarst »

Hello y'all, im sure you could be tired of the third post in a row but im kinda stumped and figured y'all might have some answers on what and why.

But in my resto i've noticed that there are an extra set of turn lights? Im unsure what else they'd be for being yellow so i thought someone might know. They have a wire that leads all the way to my radio and i have a switch installed that seems like it doesn't belong.

Any idea what these are for? It seems they wanted lights for rallying but didn't wanna spend money on real lights or wire them up correctly. What do you think?
20200820_202328.jpg
20200820_202405.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: I don't remember this being stock...

Post by Petros »

old style fog lights. the idea was the color would not blind you as bad (like when bright white lights are used) when you light up all the water droplets. modern fog lights just have a good cut off below eye level so the beam of light is below your eye level.

unless you find them useful, I would just remove them. they will likely get rock damage located there without some kind of protective cover.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)