New fuel sending unit

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: toyota

New fuel sending unit

Post by JDNightFox »

I have been in contact with a company in Taiwan who manufactures parts for old Toyotas

They will be making new fuel sending units for us, but I need to verify the "test article" they sent me is functioning properly. However, my car is currently disassembled so I won't be able to drive it and test.

The bench test verified all the electronics work, I just need to make sure it works in actual operation through a few tanks of gas.

The float is 10mm too short, but they will fix that in the production ones so this one may read slightly lower than it actually is when it gets toward empty.

In search of someone who dailies theirs that can run it through a few tanks of gas so I can give them the okay to start making them for us. No minimum order, they will be sold individually on ebay for about $70

$55 shipped for this one to test for me. Comes with new screws, washers, and a gasket. Let me know how everything works out so I can tell the company.
Kozuto_98
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 SR5 Wagon

Re: New fuel sending unit

Post by Kozuto_98 »

Interesting.

If my Tercel wasn't in a million pieces I would offer to test it. What other parts does the company make for these wagons?
1987 Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD
1998 Honda Accord Coupe V6 J35 swap
1997 Acura CL (Sold for 4A-GE money)
RIP 2016 Civic (wrist pin recall)
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: toyota

Post by JDNightFox »

Kozuto_98 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 pm Interesting.

If my Tercel wasn't in a million pieces I would offer to test it. What other parts does the company make for these wagons?
Not sure, I don't think they make anything right now besides this. Mostly for 70's corollas and 80's ae86's
Kozuto_98
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 SR5 Wagon

Post by Kozuto_98 »

Ok cool! Still, it's nice to see some companies making replacement parts for our wagons again!
1987 Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD
1998 Honda Accord Coupe V6 J35 swap
1997 Acura CL (Sold for 4A-GE money)
RIP 2016 Civic (wrist pin recall)