5 x sr5 alloy wheels in Vancouver - $50

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

5 x sr5 alloy wheels in Vancouver - $50

Post by dlb »

Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: 5 x sr5 alloy wheels in Vancouver - $50

Post by Mattel »

You should get them and put them on your new wagon David! I really dig this wheel. Toyota Alloys are pretty heavy but are well made.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

Nah, I only like these wheels on t4's. Even then, I'd probably only use them for winter tires. I'm sold on the bigger wheel/smaller tire combo for the majority of the year at this point. For my current AE92, I found some 15" Honda alloys that I put 185/55r15's on. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

dlb wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 am Nah, I only like these wheels on t4's. Even then, I'd probably only use them for winter tires.
Cool wheels and a good match for a T4, but like MR2 triangles they suck for winter use. I switched to generic 5 spoke wheels and can now easily poke out the inevitable snowpack I get on a regular basis. Too many trips home from the lake with heavy vibrations..

That chunk of broom handle under the drivers seat is not a whooping stick!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

splatterdog wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 am
dlb wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 am Nah, I only like these wheels on t4's. Even then, I'd probably only use them for winter tires.
Cool wheels and a good match for a T4, but like MR2 triangles they suck for winter use. I switched to generic 5 spoke wheels and can now easily poke out the inevitable snowpack I get on a regular basis. Too many trips home from the lake with heavy vibrations..

That chunk of broom handle under the drivers seat is not a whooping stick!
Huh, I never thought of that. We don't get much snow here so it's not much of an issue but yeah, I can definitely see wheels like these and the mr2 alloys collecting tons of snow and throwing the wheel off balance.