Repair Guides Library of Links

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Repair Guides Library of Links

Post by NWMO »

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
xirdneh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 87 tercel 4x4 wagon w/reringed engine, 83 tercel 4x4 wagon w/salvaged engine and 4.1 Diff's

Re: Repair Guides Library of Links

Post by xirdneh »

"Like"
still would like to see a" repair video section"
Love those Tercell 4x4 wagons but they sure suffer from road noise.
Aguila
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel sr5 hatchback

Post by Aguila »

Does any one has a link or any way to get a repair manual for a 1981 Toyota Tercel hatchback guys
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Post by slimdude85 »

As far as digitally, I have never found one. I did find a Bentley manual on eBay, though. Here’s a link to one for sale right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1981-1982 ... 0176151221

If there’s something you’re needing to repair sooner than it can come in, I can probably snap a few pics of the pertinent pages for the repair. I just don’t know that I have it in me to scan the whole thing... and the questionable legality of sharing an out-of-print copyrighted work gives me pause as well.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Aguila,

Keegan is in the FB page and may have something, he’s in an early 80s Tercel.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Aguila

Post by Aguila »

NWMO wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:24 am Aguila,

Keegan is in the FB page and may have something, he’s in an early 80s Tercel.

Chris
Do you have a link for that bro
Aguila

Post by Aguila »

slimdude85 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:50 pm As far as digitally, I have never found one. I did find a Bentley manual on eBay, though. Here’s a link to one for sale right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1981-1982 ... 0176151221

If there’s something you’re needing to repair sooner than it can come in, I can probably snap a few pics of the pertinent pages for the repair. I just don’t know that I have it in me to scan the whole thing... and the questionable legality of sharing an out-of-print copyrighted work gives me pause as well.
Thanks for the info but I am stranded here in central America due to covid I don't have access to purchasing something from ebay, but you think that the 1984 manual is the same for the 81
Aguila

Post by Aguila »

I am trying to do a complete cooling system repair, cause I change the head gasket but the vehicle is overheating at a rapid pace
slimdude85
Advanced Member

Post by slimdude85 »

Yes, it will be the same. The engines remained the same from 1981 to 1987, so the cooling systems will be the same. The only thing I can think of in the cooling system that was different was the radiator/hoses. I recently had to change my radiator, but couldn’t get a replacement for my ‘81. I ended up getting a radiator for an ‘83-‘87 and made my own mounts and brackets. Works great now and no leaks.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
Aguila

Post by Aguila »

Ok thanks one more question have you ever had that issue when you turn on the AC and you keep smelling this strong gas scent but when I open the hood I don't see no leaks or smell anything
slimdude85
Advanced Member

Post by slimdude85 »

I honestly can’t say that I do, but I removed my a/c system. If it’s a Freon smell and not a gasoline smell, then you may have a leaking evaporator core in the hvac case under the dash. It isn’t any fun to get to, either.