Passenger Window Jumps Track

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Torpedo423
My tercel:: '84 SR5 Wagon - 4A Swapped

Passenger Window Jumps Track

Post by Torpedo423 »

Hi guys,

Been having this issue for a while now and now that my 4A swap is complete I'm moving on to smaller problems. Passenger side window will go about half way down, and back up with no problems, but if I go further than half way the glass will jump out of the forward guide, thus requiring me to pull the door apart and reseat the glass within the track. I'm unsure if I need to replace that whole forward track or if there may be a more simple fix, so here I am seeking your advice. I've pulled a photo from ebay of the "track" I'm referring to, the glass/regulator jump out of that guide along the length between the two bolts.
ss+(2020-03-12+at+10.31.53).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Passenger Window Jumps Track

Post by splatterdog »

Make sure to check both tracks for bending or damaged liner, or even a missing bolt. With the panel off and the window down check for excess movement. Can't remember if there are 1 or 2 roller tips where the regulator arms meet the glass. If there's 2 and one was dislodged that could also be causing problems.
xirdneh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 87 tercel 4x4 wagon w/reringed engine, 83 tercel 4x4 wagon w/salvaged engine and 4.1 Diff's

Re: Passenger Window Jumps Track

Post by xirdneh »

i solved a similar problem by removing the glass from the "U" channel and reinstalling the glass moved forward a bit in the channel. made a youtube video about it
"Toyota Tercel 4WD Door Window Up/Down Problem"
Love those Tercell 4x4 wagons but they sure suffer from road noise.