1985 SR5 183k on BaT with separate 4A and parts

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
nerdsrule
My tercel:: NEW! '87 t4wd dlx, red. "slow red rocket", "Steve Turkel" in contential as names.

1985 SR5 183k on BaT with separate 4A and parts

Post by nerdsrule »

Minor rust but good shape. Good one to keep track of for final sale value. Comes with a recently ported 4A with lightened flywheel and other various parts. In Citrus Heights, CA.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985- ... 5-wagon-2/
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Re: 1985 SR5 183k on BaT with separate 4A and parts

Post by garyfish »

Yikes!

sold for $7,300 on 1/3/2020
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
bisonthecruiser
My tercel:: Looking :(

Post by bisonthecruiser »

Yeah, it went for a pretty penny but was one of the better examples I've seen lately.
kirkmex
My tercel:: Herbert is a 1985 SR5 4WD

Post by kirkmex »

I believe that "Yikes" Mr. garyfish is because the car was a DEAL OF THE CENTURY! LOL

I good sir's am the one who bought these two Tercels (and proud to bring them back to their original purchased town of San Jose, CA). I couldn't say no to the price given it was essentially for 2 cars, a running and a parts car, an additional 1.6L rebuilt motor, 4 extra snow tires and more extra parts than my "distain for typing" self would care to list in this thread.

Additionally my justification is sound as this is the exact model (with the exception of the interior being different) that I had purchased when I turned 16 back in 94' for $800. Unfortunately as many of us learn the hard way, I did not fully "love" the vehicle as it truly should have deserved and I drove it until the engine block cracked on me in 2002. Regrettably I scrapped it, again I didn't know any better at the time.

Well I AM BACK BABY. I look foreword to untold memories in this dope vessel. Going to the Capitol Drive in theater with my beanbag in the back, the weekend trips to Santa Cruz, bon fires on the beach, ALL OF IT! This ol' man (my girlfriend named him Herbert) and I are going to once again tear it up in the Bay Area...………… well, once I get it to pass Smog. LOL

This seems like an Awesome community and I am excited to now be a part of it. Thanks for having me. -Kirk
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Welcome kirkmex!

We do have a nice group here and are thrilled you've joined in saving/enjoying these unique and capable cars. That 4a looked very nice, look forward to hearing your stories and providing any help we can.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

Yikes! Another worthy addition to the Forum.

welcome, kirkmex!

:wink:
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016