For all UK members!!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

For all UK members!!

Post by NWMO »

Dear United Kingdom members,

The site has been contacted by a company that provides automobiles for movie scenes, etc., and a Tercel wagon has been requested. I believe the movie is being shot in the Manchester area, if you are interested, please let me know here or via PM and I will share the contact information. I have no idea what the compensation is like, but there is payment for your time and trouble and he has assured me the car would be in the background or at most drive by during a scene, no stunts, crashes, etc.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: For all UK members!!

Post by Mattel »

I just PM'd the ones I could remember with links to this post. I just saw the Breaking Bad Sequel 'El Camino' Maybe Jesse Pinkman moves to London to start up operations again and wanted another Tercel?
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
UK Tercel 4wd
My tercel:: 1988 rhd standard no mods

Post by UK Tercel 4wd »

I got the PM but unfortunately mine is not on the road at the moment.

steve
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Maybe get in contact anyway. if it rolls sometimes they just need them in the background. Or maybe they will pay for it to be fixed for you? just an idea.
I've had my Corolla 4wd used in a few TV shows in Australia. It's a good little earner.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

typically they will clean and detail the car for you, if that is what they want in the movie (it would be if they are doing a "period" peice, with all vintage cars on the streets).

they might even fix it for you, just so they have something to use in their shots.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
UK Tercel 4wd

Post by UK Tercel 4wd »

Unfortunately it needs some welding , the clutch replacing , a respray and an MOT for the road so i cant see them really paying for all that.

steve
UK Tercel 4wd

Post by UK Tercel 4wd »

Ive just tried ringing the number but got no answer, i have sent a txt msg and will try again.

steve
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Steve,

Please let me know if he doesn't get back to you, he sent me a check up email last week still looking.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
UK Tercel 4wd

Post by UK Tercel 4wd »

Chris,
I got a txt msg back stating he was away so i sent him my Email as was asked for. Awaiting an Email now.

Steve
UK Tercel 4wd

Post by UK Tercel 4wd »

Update: - iI received an email back and replied back with the info that i put on here but got no reply back so i will take that as a no now.

steve
UK Tercel 4wd

Post by UK Tercel 4wd »

I will get it sorted myself as and when i can, looking forward to using it