1983 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 : Life in Pictures / Lost & Found: RESTORATION DOCUMENTED!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: 1983 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 : Life in Pictures / Lost & Found: RESTORATION DOCUMENTED!

Post by Mattel »

Looks fantastic Bryan, must get quite a reaction when people see it. I'm sure you are triggering many other peoples memories as well!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 1983 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 : Life in Pictures / Lost & Found: RESTORATION DOCUMENTED!

Post by splatterdog »

When will we be able to put it in the Another movie sighting line just above?? That would be too sweet. I think I only remember one person on this site to own a car with screen time.

Maybe, just maybe, that new plate will prevent subie confusion! Not surprised it wasn't already taken..
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

As always, Bryan - PROPS !
You have been fortunate to realize the dream that so many of us have had.
Love the plate!
Thanks for the new photos.
Tom
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD SR5 Wagon : "The Brochure Car"

Post by bryanthompson »

splatterdog wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm When will we be able to put it in the Another movie sighting line just above?? That would be too sweet. I think I only remember one person on this site to own a car with screen time.

Maybe, just maybe, that new plate will prevent subie confusion! Not surprised it wasn't already taken..

It turns out, (and you may want to sit down for this news) there aren't that many Tercel fans out there who went looking for a Tercel license plate! ;-)
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Post by MrWrench »

This is probably one of the coolest car restorations I have ever seen. Love the story and your passion for the car!
Thank you for sharing this!
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Awesome! Bryan, I need you to hook me up with the Caribs Quarter Shade and the cargo box center console!
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

terceldude wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:39 pm Awesome! Bryan, I need you to hook me up with the Carib Quarter Shade and the cargo box center console!
K-Business
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Post by rer233 »

Any updates??
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)