Another Terc in town

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Another Terc in town

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

I think this is the first T4 I’ve seen around here since I got mine a few years ago. Pretty rough, but at a local mech shop, 83’ or 84’ SR5. Pretty rusty where most are.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Another Terc in town

Post by NWMO »

Another pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

T4WD augury?

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

WOW, Chris - who'da thunk it in NW MO! Not moi!
Did you leave a note?

OT, but you are in Maryville - right?
Your HS team had a good run in the Championship, losing only to STL powerhouse Trinity!
My alma mater, CBC, won in Class 6, for the second straight year.
Tom
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey Tom,

I'm south of Maryville and north of St. Joseph. My boys go to the same small school I did growing up (Class 1), but I've got a HS classmate who's son is on the Maryville team, they did have a great season. We will be in Maryville at NWMSU campus for a first place basketball game tonight for our HS basketball team. This is the final year of South Nodaway basketball, as we will be consolidating basketball next year with a neighboring school that we already consolidate all of our other sports with. I didn't leave a note, but am in contact with the mech shop and hope to touch base with the owner at some point.

Chris

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey Tom,

When I went to visit our school website, I see they added a nice video (with drone footage). This will give you an idea of the small town, small school life I come from and chose for my family.

https://youtu.be/X-CUrhYWzwQ

By the way, I see a fun weekend in Salem, MO

and

in Sullivan, MO

It would be fun to just support and help out one of these events.

Chris

PS - The new baseball field in the school video is where the old grade school used to be, it got torn down a few years ago.

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

I’ve offered $175 for the non-running Terc. While quite rusty on the body, the subframe is much better than the “Rusty Frog”. 220k, been sitting nearly 10 yrs. The shop used to service it and it has enough compression to start, but the fuel is old and carb starts puking. It includes the tilt-o-meter and a/c complete, so even as a parts car, I think it would make sense. All comments welcome.

The sun roof is a novelty as well, but may be a PITA for sure.

Chris

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

if the trans is good, that price is worth it alone for the trans. but, sounds like it would not take much to get it running. a worthy save.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Just might make a great winter beater/future parts car. My current driver(winter beater) has 500% more rust than that one and is likely on it's last winter. A little welding and 6 cans of expanding foam just done..

Get it before it's crushed!
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Peter and splatter,

I will likely try to get the 84' driveable and let my wife do her running with it. She is wanting to get a Ford Transit van this spring and it would be nice to have a little run-a-round car for her. Also, long term prospects would be better for me on this car as the sub-frame and front end is in much better shape and having air conditioning wouldn't hurt my feelings. I will have to see how I feel about the 3.73 gearing, I like the way the 85' drives, so down the road I could swap front and back for the 4.11 gearing in the 84' if I wanted to.

splatter - I'm trying to picture your foam and welding, would be interesting to see some pics. I have some decent pics of my hillbilly engineering that I will share some day, but I want to have put some more miles on the car, so when the safety police wheel in, I can explain that while they might not feel comfortable driving it, it's done well for me the last xx,xxx miles :).

Chris

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain