Been Thinking About Selling?

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
dustinrs

Been Thinking About Selling?

Post by dustinrs »

Have you been thinking about selling your 4wd Tercel or Corolla All-trac? If your looking for a great next owner/home for your car, then I am that guy! I have been on the hunt for a few weeks for a one of these models in decent condition--worth investing time, money, and love in to. Preferably a Tercel. I am a responsible loving owner of past vintage project cars. I had a '70 VW bus for ten years and a '71 BMW 2002 for several years. Both were in decent shape but needed some love and energy put in, and in both cases I put a lot of mechanical and cosmetic work into them and brought them back to their former glory. I have never owned one of these 4wd Toyota Wagons, but I have a good friend who has owned two Tercels over the past 15 years and I'm convinced that I should track down one of these for some fun in the snow and mountains. I have two boys who are getting to the age where we can get out and do some adventuring together and that's the main inspiration.

Anyway, it's tough finding one these days. And so I thought that maybe I would get lucky and there might be someone out there who had been thinking about selling and would love to find a buyer that they feel good about passing the baton to. I am willing to travel a decent distance for a car that feels like a good situation. I am willing to take on a car that may require some work (i.e. a top end rebuild, carbeurator work, other basic mechanical work) in the right situation. Faded paint and a small dent or two are not a big deal to me. What I am looking for is an interior that is in at least ok shape, no rust (or very little in cosmetic only locations), and a manual transmission. I have the capability to tow if some work is needed to get it rolling. Located in WA, but again willing to travel a ways.

Thanks all!

Best,
Dustin
Tershelly
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd 6 speed Wagon

Re: Been Thinking About Selling?

Post by Tershelly »

Hi Dustin,

I was just about to post my Tercel to the for sale forum when I noticed your thread. I have a fairly clean and running 1986 6 speed 4wd tercel that I have recently decided to let go of. Thread to a post with images: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11605&p=87893#p87893

Reason for selling: I bought the car outside of Portland OR a year and a half ago, registered it in Oregon and drove it down to the SF Bay area where I live currently. The car runs great but I bought a new car in the past year and have stopped driving the tercel that often. This december the car's registration ended in OR and in order to register it in CA I needed to Smog it but it didn't pass. The previous owner put an aftermarket Catalytic converter on the car that is not CA approved and I wasn't able to get it cleared. At this point I'm not using the car enough to be willing to put the time and money into registering it in CA but would be happy to see it go to another owner.

Cosmetically the car is in pretty nice condition, there are a few small cosmetic rust spots but nothing out of the ordinary for a car of its age. I have completely detailed the interior which is in good condition and rebuilt the rear hatch area. The one cosmetic issue with the car is the front right quarter panel, which the previous owner primered over. My plan was to hunt down a new one at the pick and pull to replace it.

As I mentioned the Car runs well but needs generall TLC. I just bought a new battery, keep the fluids changed, and rarely have issues with it. The car gets outstanding gas millage, still has plenty of power and has a working 4wd with the extra low option. the car has no rust other than the cosmetic spots i mentioned

I would be looking to get $1,000.- OBO. If you're interested in talking with me more about it feel free to DM me or shoot me an email to drew.putterman@gmail.com

Thanks, Drew
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Thats a great looking deal right there!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
dustinrs

Post by dustinrs »

Agreed Mattel! I had a great conversation with Drew last night for about 20 minutes and it sounds like everything I was hoping for... A loving owner, clean and worth putting time, money, and energy into. I thought it was a bit of a long shot that I might get a response, but I'm so glad I made the post and that Drew reached out. A big thanks to the forum and everyone who has put energy into establishing this resource. I'll plan to be a regular on here soon and I better make a donation to help pay for the forum server expenses to keep the karma circulating.

Best, Dustin
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Post by helipilot77 »

I love seeing a deal like this work out. Way to go guys! :D
. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]
Schism87
My tercel:: 1983 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd