Parting out 1986 2WD Wagon

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
PinkmanSpecial
My tercel:: 1986

Parting out 1986 2WD Wagon

Post by PinkmanSpecial »

Sorry for posting 2WD on this forum. Located in Middle Tennessee. Body in great shape. Starts and runs but overheats. Possibly head gasket and/or water pump. Also needs valve job and front end work, the radio has some electric buzzing sound when turned on, the air conditioning belt was removed (don't know if it worked before I got it). Probably other stuff I'm forgetting.
tercel front.jpg
IMG_2747.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PinkmanSpecial on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
LowBuckCanuck
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Re: Parting out 1986 2WD Wagon

Post by LowBuckCanuck »

ALL tercels are welcome here
asa
My tercel:: 84 SR5

Post by asa »

I am probably interested in some superficial items if they are the right price... right front marker (orange, corner) light. What interior does it have? Does cassette player work?

I'm located in colorado but travel to south central Kentucky to visit family quite often and would like to come dig around it in it for small items maybe.

Thanks,
Asa
PinkmanSpecial

Post by PinkmanSpecial »

I'm not looking for a lot of money for the parts, just want to make total more than what I could get for scrap and be able to save some of the interior to make a playset for my son. If you're coming through Kentucky we could work out a trade for bourbon. I don't know if the cassette player works. Don't have any cassettes but you're welcome to it. I'll get some pictures of the interior. It's tan.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

This wagon is a good source of parts for the 4wd wagon. everything from the fire wall forward will interchange with the 4wd model, engine, carb, all emissions control components, starter, alternator, etc. The struts are 25 mm shorter, and front bumper and grill/trim is a bit different as well. but all of the mechanical parts, suspension, engine, etc are all interchangeable. A lot of the interior trim and parts are also the same (back seat is different however).

much of the transmission main gear box is also interchangeable with the 4wd trans, so if it is a manual trans, it would be good for parts to make a bad 4wd trans working again.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Hteverow
My tercel:: 1986 SR5

Post by Hteverow »

I'd love some interior parts if you're willing to...part...with them. Specifically, a front seat bottom (as long as you've got the same brown and tan diagonal stripey interior as I've got), and the plastic driver's side A-pillar trim.

There are probably a few other things I'm not thinking about, but maybe I'll remember if I see any pictures posted of your interior.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

Hteverow wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 am I'd love some interior parts if you're willing to...part...with them. Specifically, a front seat bottom (as long as you've got the same brown and tan diagonal stripey interior as I've got), and the plastic driver's side A-pillar trim.
the fabric seats only came in the SR5 4wd trim, I do not think the seats used in te SR-5 were ever used in the 2wd version. Rarely, someone may have fit some SR-5 fabric seats into a DLX model to improve comfort.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
PinkmanSpecial

Post by PinkmanSpecial »

Added some pics of interior. Anyone interested in parts, if you wouldn't mind giving me an idea of how much you're wiling to pay. That will help me decide whether to part it out or just take it to a junk yard here.
Thanks