WTS 1987 4wd 6sp transmissions

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
dispater
My tercel:: 1988 toyota sr5 4wd 6sp, weber carb

WTS 1987 4wd 6sp transmissions

Post by dispater »

i've got two 87 transmissions for sale, one in good condition and one in mystery condition.

both are for 6sp 4wd, the part number i found on toyodiy.com was 33030-16917, not sure if that's right or not.

neither have the input shafts, that was the part that i needed because mine was burnt out.

the one in good condition has good seals and goes through all the gears. it's got 187k miles on it. i haven't had a chance to test it but the local tercel guru i bought it from said it was in great shape. happy to answer any questions about it. asking $300 for it OBO. i paid $400 for it so $100 of depreciation in the 3 days i've had it seems fair :D

the one in mystery condition was the one that came in the tercel when i bought it. it has an unknown number of miles on it, it is not the original transmission from my car. it seems a little leaky and the input shaft is toast but it goes through all the gears. i don't have the time or knowhow to take it apart and really see what's going on with it, but my mechanic said the only thing he could find bad with it was the input shaft and a few small leaks when he took it out of the tercel. asking $100 for it OBO.

honestly i'd be keeping these as backups if i could just find a dang input shaft!

both are in Portland, OR. i can't deliver outside city limits unless you can pay for a shipping service.
Abletobecain
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD DLX, 1986 4WD SR5, 1985 4WD SR5, 1983 4WD SR5

Re: WTS 1987 4wd 6sp transmissions

Post by Abletobecain »

Hey dispater...You're in Portland?

Any chance you'd wanna check out the Portland South Pik-n-Pull for me? Or maybe you already know what's there?

I have an 86 wagon but it's Dec 86 so it has 87 black stripe interior. I bought it with the passenger front door panel missing. I think that Pik-n-Pull has one from some searches I did but they wouldn't tell me anything on the phone...said I'd have to come look. I'm over three hours away so I'd hate to drive down for nothing.
1977 BMW R100S 1WD ("Brunhilda"/Summer Fun)
1983 DLX Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Charlie"/Daily Driver)
1987 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Sprocket"/Off-road-Camping)
1985 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Lucky"/Project)
1983 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Cadaver"/Parts Car)
1985 Ford F250 6.9IDI ("Franklin"/Hauler)
1987 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Ravensburger"/in a million pieces)
2006 BMW 530XI Wagon ("Inga"/Roadtripper)
1969 Mercury Montego MX Convertible ("Big Ed"/My Dad's Old Car)
1983 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Al"/for sale soon)