Tercel vs Deer

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Re: Tercel vs Deer

Post by rer233 »

Sorry I didn't post any pics (again, too stupid- gotta learn this 'puter stuff someday.) Still can't believe you found the same color car. Pic looks pretty good (maybe the grille's not quite even with the front of the hood- mine came out the same way.) Did yours trash the A/C stuff too? Tranny should be worth some $$. Is it an SR5?
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
Eyeball
My tercel:: 86' Tercel Wagon Fwd only

Post by Eyeball »

Amazingly it didn't damage my ac at all! As far as the other car goes it doesn't have SR5 badges so I don't think but it is a 1983? I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Post by rer233 »

SR5's should have a tachometer (and if it's an '83 or '84 an inclinometer too.)
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
Eyeball

Post by Eyeball »

rer233 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:36 am SR5's should have a tachometer (and if it's an '83 or '84 an inclinometer too.)
Well after walking by it several times and not looking in the window,, I walked out just to look in the window! Unfortunately it does not have a tachometer or a inclinometer either the inclinometer would have found its way in Desire (my 85'). The only other thing I need is the window regulator for the driver side but like I said the rest of her is cheap!
Abletobecain
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD DLX, 1986 4WD SR5, 1985 4WD SR5, 1983 4WD SR5

Post by Abletobecain »

Hey Eyeball...You still down Salem way? Ever head to the Portland South Pick-n-Pull?

I'm way up on the Kitsap Peninsula or I'd just drive by myself. The guy I spoke with there said they wouldn't go look in the yard to tell me if the front passenger door panel is still in the 87 T4 they have there. I'm trying to find anyone available to go take a peek for me...black stripe interior. Let me know if you're going that way...there's a few other interior pieces I could use as well.
1977 BMW R100S 1WD ("Brunhilda"/Summer Fun)
1983 DLX Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Charlie"/Daily Driver)
1987 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Sprocket"/Off-road-Camping)
1985 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Lucky"/Project)
1983 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Cadaver"/Parts Car)
1985 Ford F250 6.9IDI ("Franklin"/Hauler)
1987 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Ravensburger"/in a million pieces)
2006 BMW 530XI Wagon ("Inga"/Roadtripper)
1969 Mercury Montego MX Convertible ("Big Ed"/My Dad's Old Car)
1983 SR5 Tercel Wagon 4WD ("Al"/for sale soon)
Eyeball

Post by Eyeball »

Abletobecain wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:41 pm Hey Eyeball...You still down Salem way? Ever head to the Portland South Pick-n-Pull?

I'm way up on the Kitsap Peninsula or I'd just drive by myself. The guy I spoke with there said they wouldn't go look in the yard to tell me if the front passenger door panel is still in the 87 T4 they have there. I'm trying to find anyone available to go take a peek for me...black stripe interior. Let me know if you're going that way...there's a few other interior pieces I could use as well.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.. I unfortunately haven't been up that way in like 10 years, but I may be heading that way soon due to my engine search situation. If I go there I will let you know, if you are still looking that is.. pm me best way to get through to me.