Abra lift completed

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
AndyG
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 4wd Dlx. Stock

Re: Abra Cadaver lift problem

Post by AndyG »

Yes, what Petros said. Just a two-tone paint made by the last owner. @seantp
@Petros yeah I agree with ya on that, an endless task to keep it clean. I’m obsessed with cleaning though so it’s a frequent routine for me. Although it can be tough for me to stay motivated keeping it clean while using it as a daily car. I try to wipe mine down every time it’s dry out, after a commute from work when I get home. I usually wash my cars like twice a year, and most the time I just wipe it dry with a microfiber towel, and sometimes spray it down with detailer spray.
AndyG
Advanced Member

Re: Abra lift problem *solved and complete*

Post by AndyG »

I may paint it soon, not sure what color. I was thinking either just recoat it and keep the color (just paint the driver door, and some other touch ups), or maybe like a cream color.
YakSr5
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 lifted

Post by YakSr5 »

AndyG wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:46 pm @T4WDgambler yup those will fit. I got them on now with basset steel wheels. Boy, it sure is a heavy setup for these under powered cars. The tire itself is 25lbs and it feels like the wheels are about the same weight. I had to cut out some plastic out in the wheelwells, and bend/pry/hammer away at some metal. Also pulled the fenders out a little more. Still occasional rubbing cranking the wheel or going over a large bump fast but for the most part I can drive. I’ll have to do some more prying/cutting.
More pics! looks great. what is the tire size? how much did the whole set up cost you?
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

AndyG wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:53 am She is lifted. 1 1/2 inch in the front, 3 in the rear. Now I just gotta throw my big tires on. I doubled up on the rear upper spring seats to had a little bit more height to it. I may cut out a 1/4inch spacer from a kitchen cutting board to lift the front a tad more. Just to make the ride height a bit more even.
NICE! Care to lift mine too? Unfortunately mine recently has suffered some left-side suspension damage making the left side of the car sit lower than the right thanks to NATICK, MA and WESTON, MA roads!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
K-Business
AndyG
Advanced Member

Re: Abra lift problem *solved and complete*

Post by AndyG »

@Abra-Cadaver Absolutely, thank you Arbra for your write up! I’ll have to change the title, it’s a bit misleading since my issue didn’t have anything to do with your lift.
AndyG
Advanced Member

Re: Abra lift completed

Post by AndyG »

@YakSr5 I’ll upload some more pics later. Whole entire set up (lift, tires, wheels) costed me about $1,000.Lift $260, tires around $460, wheels were $275. Mounted them myself at home, and balanced only the fronts for now at Les Schwab for $30. Tire size is 27x8.5r14.
AndyG
Advanced Member

Post by AndyG »

Yesterday’s drive
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

This looks so damn good!
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
seantp
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by seantp »

Did you use wheel spacers? Do the tires rub when you turn or go over bumps?
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

This is totally OT, but .
The quality of those photos - esp. #1 - and their composition (and the shininess of the Terc) could have been in a dealer brochure long ago.
Props!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
AndyG
Advanced Member

Post by AndyG »

Haha, thanks @ARCHINSTL! Photography has been a hobby of mine the last 5 years; I always have my camera on me when I take the turd out.
8ton
My tercel:: White 4wd

Post by 8ton »

Wow! Both the car and photography are fantastic!!
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Just paint the corner lens plastic frames black again with some of this: https://www.ebay.com/i/163197846476?chn=ps :)
K-Business
YakSr5
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 lifted

Post by YakSr5 »

Did you use wheel spacers to get them outside of the fenders like that?
AndyG
Advanced Member

Post by AndyG »

@YakSr5 used 1 inch spacers on the rears only. I took them off recently because the tires were rubbing bad