$31M Ferrari Involved in World's Most Expensive Car Accident

Post here about...well...anything!
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

I could sure buy a few Tercel wagons for this kinda money, and even afford to restore 'em!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/au ... autos_3130
American owner collides with another vehicle during Ferrari 250 GTO motorcade to Le Mans.
By Joshua Condon 3 hours ago
Crashing any car is traumatic; crashing a Ferrari is traumatic and pricey; crashing one of the most prized Maranello models ever, valued at more than $31 million, in what some are speculating could be the most expensive crash in history ... well, even contemplating that particular scenario makes our man-bits retract just a bit.

American businessman Christopher Cox was involved in a collision with another car last week during a motorcade of legendary Ferrari 250 GTOs through France en route to the Le Mans Classic, held this past weekend at the iconic race track in the northwest part of that country. His wife, Ann Cox, suffered a broken leg, while two passengers from the other vehicle were also sent to the hospital. Luckily, no fatalities were reported.

No news yet whether the car -- a blue-and-yellow Ferrari similar to the one pictured above -- can be salvaged, though Cox's model was involved in a collision once before, in 1976, and the full restoration that took place before Cox bought the car in 2005 likewise restored its ultra-rarefied price.

The model in question is one of only 39 Ferrari 250 GTOs in existence, as Ferrari produced the model for a mere handful of years during the 1960s. Last month, a mint-green 250 GTO sold for more than $35 million, setting a new record for a Ferrari sold at auction.
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."