Tunes for the Road

Post here about...well...anything!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Tunes for the Road

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Holy Smoke, keith!
(Ghost) Riders In The Sky? Fats Domino? Dave Brubeck?
Man, you are in my territory! "Riders" came out when I was 9; believe it or not, I still can quote the entire song (my Gkids do not appreciate it, though).
And the Fat Man? My fav in HS and - he is still around in NO. Someone did a recent TV show about him and his losses in Katrina.
I almost saw Brubeck on his last tour in STL back in 2010; it was cancelled due to his health.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

Tom,
Aw, some of these guys wouldn't know good music if it ... you know the rest. I like some classical music as well but not in the car. You need an environment capable of supplying a 60 dB dynamic range and since most cars have an ambient noise at cruising speed of between 75 to 95 dB, that is not possible.

I wonder if there is a way of my sending you that Mahilia Jackson recording, it will bring tears to your eyes. I digitized it myself from a Longenes recording. I saved it in both the CD format and the MP3 format. The MP3 is a smaller file even though I used the highest bit rate (320bps) that it will support.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

I'll just post this.

http://www.last.fm/user/Chadneu

New ben folds five album so i'm listening to a lot of that.
GLet71
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 6-spd SR5 4wd Wagon

Post by GLet71 »

I'm going to see Leonard Cohen on Nov 12. Yes, that's who I named my DLX after~
Currently:
Majorette France Tercel 4WD - Fini
Formerly:
'87 6spd SR5 4WD modified Wagon (Ron, the post-apocalyptic summer ride)
'87 6spd dlx 4wd Wagon (Pinkman Got Nuthin', aka Pinky)
'87 Auto dlx 4WD Wagon (Otto, temporary parts car)
'88 6spd SR5 4WD Wagon (Perry, the parts car)
emmahumpfritter
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by emmahumpfritter »

Okay D, stumbled upon the new Cattle Decapitation Album. Heard it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWeTeFn0LhM

In a sea of bands who have painted themselves into a corner musically, somehow these guys keep doing something that hits hard.

saw them live in the cities once. They got so disgusted by the patented hipster arms crossed stance (can't lose your "cool" and animate) their set was 30 minutes long. When my small posse yelled "one more!" they came out and did "The decapitation of Cattle" which is a one second "fuck ya'll" blast. Classic :)

Anaal Nathrahk rules too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJeN80u ... re=related
260K with no end in sight....
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

heard some cattle decap over the years but never been psyched on them. saw them at the maryland deathfest and they were ok, met the singer and he wasn't very cool. however, i hung out with members of bolt thrower, asphyx, napalm death, pestilence, and atheist, and they were all wicked sweet.

anaal nathrahk is definitely something special. they've got a good grind sound that i'm pretty into. yet to find a full album of theirs that i can get behind 100% but they're definitely one of the few 'new' extreme bands i think are legit.