Yet ANOTHER D'uh Moment For Tom...

Post here about...well...anything!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

So I was wondering why the colors on the bottom of my monitor's screen were kinda purplish - and why some of my saved photos and greeting cards (yes, I make 'em) were really different colors than a few days ago. And it was the same way on the two photos I just posted on my washer/overflow reservoirs' probs - the red of the print was now kinda chartreuse.
I called the dotter who is the 'puter expert - she had no clue.
Then I noticed the 5" Model T Ford magneto magnet my Gpaw had given me years ago and which I've used as a desk paperweight for years.
I had placed it by the monitor's bottom and its magnetism caused an alteration in the colors at the bottom of the screen! Fortunately, the prob was temporary! Imagine an 84 to 102-year old part causing this!

The Model T used magneto and coil ignition (4 coils) instead of battery ignition; it had 16 of these magnets enclosed in the back of the engine. More than you ever wanted to know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignition_system

Boy, if I keep having these forehead-bashing moments, I will have a prob keeping my
Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions Cap * properly adjusted.
Tom M.

* Note to danzo - to paraphrase the old Budweiser slogan - "This cap's for you."
Yeah, yeah, I know - Albert blew it for us last night. But wait until Saturday...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain