Tercel Names

Post here about...well...anything!
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Re: Tercel Names

Post by hberdan »

"Lazarus".
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd

Post by So_Powerful »

Is that cause it was risen from the dead?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

hberdan wrote:"Lazarus".
that is AWESOME. truly epic!
Starbug
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 4AC engine swap, original inclinometer, and an original hood ornament :-)

Just for fun: how did your car get it's name?

Post by Starbug »

The woman I bought my tercel from named her Glenda. She's named after Glenda the Good Witch of the North, from the Wizard of Oz, because like Oz's Glenda, she always got you home safely. And from my experience as well as my friend with her t4wd, they never seem to strand you and always get you home, so it's a fitting name and I decided to keep it. The woman I bought Glenda from even kept a pair of little red shoes in the car. LOL.
Last edited by Starbug on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 DLX 4WD

Re: Just for fun: how did your car get it's name?

Post by ohcanada_00 »

I name all my cars according to this formula:

Name's origin must match the cars country of origin, Japanese
Car's name must start with the first letter of the make or model: Toyota Tercel
Cars, like boats and planes are girls. ALL OF THEM!!!!! ;)

= Tora which means tiger

My bike (a Kawasaki Z1000) is Kari which means sweet fruit or Jasmine
My xA is Saki, which means blossom
Last edited by ohcanada_00 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any car which holds together for an entire race is entirely too heavy" -Colin Chapman

84' DLX with 6 speed (the project beast) 'Tora'
84' SR5 'Tori' (the daily driver)
08' Scion xB
04' Kawasaki Z1000
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

LMAO @ Starbug! :D
K-Business
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

So_Powerful wrote:Is that cause it was risen from the dead?
He summoned it out of the wrecking yard with a call.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
sdoan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4wd DLX 2nd owner (sold), 1984 SR5 3rd owner (sold), 1984 with 4A engine and factory sunroof SR5 3rd owner.

Post by sdoan »

My cars were always called what they were: "Truck", "Mustang", "Mini", "Healey", etc. My first car with a name was a sad looking, but particularly useful Mazda GLC wagon named "AngstWagen" by friends in honor of a depressed German gradstudent who'd sold it to me. (This was the height of the Fahrvegnugen craze).

When I first bought the '83 (now affectionately known as "the '83") I tried to call it the AngstWagen, but AngstWagen seemed wrong so it was always called the "Tercel".

I'd taken such nice care of the '83 that the school librarian noticed and offered to give me his '84 that was making a horrible engine noise. The day he was going to hand it over he was going to pick up some bagels, so I offered to pick them up instead. We traded 12 bagels for 1 T4wd and it's been "Bagel Car" ever since. (When we first started dating Jill drove a 2006 WRX and tried to call the car "Turdcel" - a name she learned from tercel4wd.com, but it never stuck and now she's sold the WRX and drives a T4wd!)

Then I bought a 3rd Terc (after selling the '83) it had a sunroof. So it is the "Sunroof car". We tried to shorten it to "sun car", but it hasn't stuck.
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

My first white 85 T4Wd was called GutterSlut. As in, she was a bitch, gushed fluids and would only work if you threw money at her, and for only short periods.

My Snow Camo 84 T4WD that I ripped the driveline out of was named NATO, We even got the blue hard hats for a picture shoot and last send off.

My Red 83 T4WD was named Das Boot, after the german movie, the boat. If you've ever ported high water at speed int you T4WD, ie puddle jumping, you know what I mean.

My two current exploitations are the 85 Olive Green T4WD named The General, and the 85 Silver T4WD getting the 4AGE named the Silver Bullet aka the Flying Toaster by a few of my Toyota friends.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
idaho_girl
My tercel:: 1986 SR5

Post by idaho_girl »

Tommy the Tercel. It just sounds right to me. :)
Bluebelles Mom
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5

Post by Bluebelles Mom »

Upon hearing the color of my soon to be new baby, I immediately decided on Bluebelle. Sometimes they almost name themselves. :D
deejay1272
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Navy Blue Tercel Wagon SR5 4x4 now with Weber 32/36!

Post by deejay1272 »

Many of you may know this already, but my 1985 T4WD is referred to as the "Terjunken."

The name was coined by my girlfriend who initially had nothing nice to say about the vehicle (it was in pretty poor shape when I bought it in late '09), but since then a few things have happened that positioned the Terjunken as the preferred vehicle in our small (2 car) fleet: First, I performed a number of maintenance projects on it to bring it up to normal, operational status (previously it would wobble all over the place over ~55mph due to a bad axle), second, we took it out on an epic summer road trip to a bunch of great hiking spots all over Oregon (during which time we slept comfortably in the rear for free!) and third, our dog (a tenacious and energetic Australian Cattle Dog - see below) has grown to absolutely love it. Every time we get so much as 20 yards away from the Terjunken, he pulls toward it, hoping for a ride to a hiking destination in the mountains or the opportunity to go herd something (anything!).

I was initially offended by the name that was given to her, but now whenever the vehicle comes up in discussion (hourly), it has taken on a new meaning of great importance!

I hope to hold on to this wonderful car for many, many more years and restore/improve it back to its original glory. With time, a little determination and help from the great folks on this forum, I'm sure I can do it.
---------------------------------------------------------
Beefsteak when I'm hungry, whiskey when I'm dry
Greenbacks when I'm hard up, heaven when I die
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I have a dog that might be partially an Aus shepherd...with short hair. He is pretty partial to the wagon. It's got a good layer of dog hair all over...I might call it the dog mobile. I could just see my dog with those packs on it....ha...ha...ha....they might last 2 mins till they were torn up.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

turdsmell#2
My tercel:: 88

Post by turdsmell#2 »

The "Turdsmell" of coarse :D great minds think alike Barto.