You Might Own A Nostalgic Car If...

Post here about...well...anything!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

You Might Own A Nostalgic Car If...

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I found this on the Japanese Nostalgic Car site:
Anyway, without further ado, you just might own a nostalgic if…
..1. You park far away from everyone to avoid door dings.
..2. You always give the car a backwards glance as you walk away from parking it.
..3. You feel uncomfortable parking it out in the open, where birds can crap on it.
..4. You do not let any valet drive your car.
..5. You sit in the garage, just looking at her.
..6. You love every angle and crease on your car.
..7. You know every nut and bolt has been torqued down or secured with Lock-tite by you alone.
..8. You don’t care about unburned hydrocarbons in the cabin.
..9. A new Corolla is like a luxury limo to you.
10. You want to drive the car as much as possible (optional).
11. You are too broke to get another car.
12. You stopped seeing a girl, because she said something bad about your car.

Some may apply to our cars - I especially liked the reference to the Corolla, from my recent experience with a dotter's '07 - it coud spoil me... Of course, I'd never be able to fix it...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Klacko
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel SR5

Re: You Might Own A Nostalgic Car If...

Post by Klacko »

#12...The day I got the my Tercel, this girl was riding with me. She kept turning on my A/C on and off, making fun of the little Econo-Air light, opening and closing my sunroof. She slammed the door when she got in, she called it a beater, ugly, a waste of money, then she crawled over my 23 year old, perfect condition orginal seats into the back seat. Her dirty shoes hit my beautiful, uncracked dash and my lovley headliner. I turned around and took her home. Haven't talked to her since :)
~klace
"When the human race is gone, all that will remain is our bones, brick buildings and Toyota Tercels"
teranfirbt
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 4WD, 5AFE, lifted rear, 195/70/14 tires

Post by teranfirbt »

That's the one that gets me, people automatically think they have to slam the door when they get into either my Tercel or my Celica. Just because the car is old doesn't mean the door needs to be slammed to close >_>
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

most of my deaf friends slam door pretty hard ,told them that my car are well built and try to think about loud slamming but no use still loud slam.
red91sit
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel Base

Post by red91sit »

A girl put her feet on my dash twice... she walked home.

Although, she did end up later putting up the brown tercel dieing repeatedly in traffic :-)
teranfirbt wrote:That's the one that gets me, people automatically think they have to slam the door when they get into either my Tercel or my Celica. Just because the car is old doesn't mean the door needs to be slammed to close >_>
Ugh!! i hate this too... It's the Pontiac owners that are the worst... they get used to their big sloppy doors