after a few years away, I'm back in the wagon game.

Post here about...well...anything!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: after a few years away, I'm back in the wagon game.

Post by Mattel »

we never had the AE92 wagon in Australia. Only the AE95 but there are still tonnes of AE92 hatches and sedans on the road here. The great thing is that they are easy to upgrade with parts from a wreckers. seats and other parts are easy to find in Australia.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Post by Mark »

That looks like it's in super good shape. Especially for a white one that usually would make any rust obvious.
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Post by ALiveSR5 »

dlb wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:18 pm After a few years of messing around with SUV's, I've decided to revisit wagons, and I finally found something I'm really excited about. It's a FWD 1991 Corolla.
My wife had one of these in red with an automatic trans. It was a nice wagon, especially when wagons like this were hard to find. The heater never worked real well and the seats were not as comfy as those in my Tercel 4WD SR5 but it was an enduring Toyota, for sure. Some common parts were interchangeable between the two vehicles too.

I hope this one is still working out for you - it looks like a really nice find.
Best wishes.
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Ha, it's funny because we have a cabin out in the woods and the driveway up to it is very steep. In the spring and early summer when it was wet out, the Corolla couldn't make it up the driveway without ripping up it with a big running start. So I quietly started thinking about t4's again, and posted a wanted ad for one. What do you know, a fine gentleman near me had two plus a mountain of spare parts for them, so I went and looked. They belonged to his kids who didn't need them anymore so he wanted to find a good home for them.

Sadly though, my wife and I share the car now (we used to have separate cars) and when I talked to her about it, she said she wanted to keep the Corolla since we've had it for a little while now and it's been great outside of the aforementioned driveway incidents. And the tires on it then had very little tread so I put the winters on a little early and when she went up to the cabin last weekend, it had no problem.

So yeah, I'm generally very happy with the corolla but no car has the magic for me that t4's do, so maybe if something catastrophic happens to the corolla I can find another t4 but for now we're sticking with the ae92.
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Post by ALiveSR5 »

dlb wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:40 pm So yeah, I'm generally very happy with the corolla but no car has the magic for me that t4's do, so maybe if something catastrophic happens to the corolla I can find another t4 but for now we're sticking with the ae92.
I hope that your AE92 serves you well for many years and circumstances will also allow you to get the T4 that you desire. They are both fun and rare vehicles that seem to just run forever, with low maintenance requirements. There appears to be quite a few more T4s surviving, than I had previously imagined. One will appear, for you.
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?