Word of the Day!

Post here about...well...anything!
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Word of the Day!

Post by NWMO »

My '60s-'70s era with kids had us holding them in pumpkin seats/early child seats/no belts with pretty much no problems.
But - that was then and this is now, with concomitant hazards that simply did not exist in "my era" or even when my gkids were little, riding in Goldie in the late '90s.
Tom,

Great word-of-the-day material there. I thought it was a typo at first, can't say that I have ever seen it used before!! I will test my dad with this one, as a college professor and author, he has a much better vocabulary than me!! I had to look up a word about every chapter in his book. As to safety, in the late seventies we rode to Little League baseball games (often 15-20 miles or more) in the back of a 77' Chevrolet truck! As dad was coach and taxi, we often had three or four of us in the back and of course it had the paper thin aluminum topper.

https://www.amazon.com/Died-Innocent-Do ... 1945667222

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Word of the Day!

Post by Petros »

when I was a child is was not unusual to see young mothers driving their big American station wagons with their new born on their lap as they drove the the grocery store. the cars I remember from my childhood, big Oldsmobiles and Buicks, that did not even come with seat belts.

Now if someone sees that they call the police. Attitudes about safety have change quite a bit. Unfortunately the politics of big government, and big business has distorted it so much most do not even know what is reality, and what marketing supporting some big corporation's cash cow.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)