I can't believe it didn't make the list.

Post here about...well...anything!
keith
Highest Ranking Member

I can't believe it didn't make the list.

Post by keith »

Two of the contributors at Road and Track listed the 13 quirkiest cars ever made. I can think of at least a dozen cars that are as quirky or quirkier than most of the 13 on the list. OK there is one really quirky one but it was never a production car. The Tercel 4WD wagon was not on the list, nor were cars like the Issetta with the one door in front or the Borgward Isabella or Fiat 850 sedan or the original Fiat 500.

http://start.att.net/news/read/article/ ... /lifestyle
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: I can't believe it didn't make the list.

Post by dlb »

that list was a piece of crap. i think the stout scarab is the only one that deserves to be on that list. the others merely range from ''a little quirky" to "not quirky in the slightest," IMO.

so many internet articles are like that though. basically just click bait. they come up with a headline that someone will click on, and content be damned.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: I can't believe it didn't make the list.

Post by Petros »

those are editors who usualy just admire cars, but have never been involved with them much. When I worked for Nissan on their racing program they would come around and interview the boss, take pictures of the lastest race cars, and than go write a lot of confusing mishmash car language gobbity gook, they were not even listiening. They not once got the description of what we did to the suspention correct for example. Never beleive what you read in such publications, or much of anywhere else for that matter.

they are in the business to sell magazines, those titles are just click bait headlines. no real data collected.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)