Hello .. My dads 86 toyota

Post here about...well...anything!
86creamdream4x4
My tercel:: Ex 86 tercel 4x4 automatic

Hello .. My dads 86 toyota

Post by 86creamdream4x4 »

Hi folks ..my name is Bryant Johnson , I live in port orchard Washington,

I'd like to ramble for a bit if that's OK..

In the spring of 1986 my father (Joe) who was employed with a transit company in the s.f bay area was on his way to work threw Niles canyon during an afoul storm which had flooded the river and caused it to over flow the banks .. At the time dad was driving an 1976 dodge aspen wagon .. Hunter green with a Canadian enforcer 323 built for a detective of the mounted police. While driving a semi coming the other way passed my dad causing a huge wave and washed the dodge in to the river.. Dad lived survived . wet. but got back home that was the beginning...

After trying to keep that dodge he ended up shopping for a new car. This took him a while.. So the date here I remember so well I was at a birthday party for a friend of our family's handicapped son who had the same birthday but a month later then I.. That date was June 11 1986.. We where at a restaurant in Concord ca .. My mother who. Was extremely upsettable to my every action had again lashed out at me and forbid me from the party. She had me stand out side. Thank god!
While I was out their dad rolled in in a spanking new 1986 Toyota tercel 4x4 automatic hatchback from Sunnyvale Toyota . he called the color desert sand .. His way of toughing it up. It was butter yellow.. I still remember the smell of her new .. Dad and I ended up naming her Susie q .. Susie q was a great awesome car . she did a lot in her life from takeing dad to work to doing the hump to l.a she took my grandmother on her last road trip to Carson city. And countless outings . she claimed to the top of Mount diabolo. And even dipped her tires in the pacific ocean . she was really at home cruising The back roads of northern California she purred she had a happy life and I grew to adore that little car.

In August of 1991 dad my sister my now step mother and my self had attended a sighn up ( where dad was to pick his route for the quarter). It was a warm wonderful day we had just exited dads work in Hayward ,ca my sister and my self where goofing off ( my father was extremely strict on seat belts) and the only time we did not buckle up
Not far from the bus yard at winton and corsair we sat at a red light Wendy and I giggling in the back seat the light went green and we started in to the intersection. When I heard my dad yell hold on he's going to hit us.. In a faction of a moment I pinned my sister to the seat and we where slammed in to the light pole .. Susie q had been hit by a ironically by a drunk driver in a second gen Toyota pickup truck .. In primer red.. Every body in our car was hurt. I managed to get out and stumble to the drivers door dad said get help.. Daised I managed to find help and get back to Susie q I remember seeing her damaged left front and hood . crumpled like aluminium foil her coolant ,oil ,and trains fluid leaking on to the road ..( dad before carted off) placed his hand on my shoulder and see bry she's gone.. I'm sorry.

Its been 27 years... Now I'm a father
My wife and I are looking for a car to replace her ageing Saturn.coupe

I'm like we need a five person 4x4 ..

I'm like I want a 83-88 Toyota tercel wagon..

I thought I'd do ( zombie Susie q) painting the parts that where damaged on Susie q like her and the rest of the wagon Sand to metal and to a rust treatment ..just a thought. "Its in Vogue" and checkerboard her roof ,roof rack ect ect..

See I believe that Susie q would have been my high school car.

So there you have it feel free to message me
Always Bryant johnson
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Re: Hello .. My dads 86 toyota

Post by helipilot77 »

Well fortunately for us we Washingtonians live in the nexus for where so many of these 4WD Tercel’s survive. You should have realatively good chances of finding one just keep checking Craigslist. Members here also will frequently post listings for available cars for sale. From your inclination to tell stories it sounds like you should fit in here. Welcome.
. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]
LowBuckCanuck
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Post by LowBuckCanuck »

I love a good tercel story!
86creamdream4x4

I call Washington .. The land that time forgot for automobiles.. The stuff I see and recognize.... Would blow some peoples minds.
86creamdream4x4

I almost have my Mrs sold of a 4x4 tercel.. I wish I could Barrow one for a weekend and take a small trip like to the coast.. I know that would seal it for my wife.