Post here about...well...anything!
cyyzgnus
My tercel:: 1986, 4wd, DLX, Auto

Post by cyyzgnus »

HI all.
I just recently rescued a 1986 4wd, DLX, Auto at state impound sale. Kind of ironic since my first 86 t4wd was sold at a state impound sale.
Ever since I lost my first one, I have been on the look out for another one. This one seems like its in pretty good condition. The only thing that jumps out at me is funky wiring to the headlights and little to no brakes.

I plan on following the instructions listed under So you just bought a Twd and go from there.

I would like to tank everyone on the board in advanced fro all the good information and instructions found on the Board.
Neil
"I am always maintaining our cars because my wife thinks that our cars run on unicorns farts" unknown from the MBworld w210 board.
Present 1986 Base Wagon rescued from an impound lot and currently fixing up.
1995 Tacoma Xtra Cab 4x4
1986 SR5 wagon, my uncle owned since new, RIP
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: New member

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

if you decided to replace your brakes you might consider doing the front brake up grade as I out line over in the repair guides section, the parts are cost a bit more to install larger vented front rotors and larger calipers from another model Toyota.

The most common problem with brakes is the rear wheel cyclinders, inspect them for leaks. If you find fluid under the rubber boots, they need to be replaced or rebuilt. YOu can buy new wheel cylinders for cheap on rockauto.com, not worth rebuilding them.

If you have any issues we can help you with make sure you post them for us all. Also, post pics when you get a chance.

good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)