Does anyone miss any of their exes?

Post here about...well...anything!
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Does anyone miss any of their exes?

Post by terceldude »

Anyone? If you don't, you could be lying hahaha! Please be honest! ;) I still miss mine very much but I enjoy talking to other people as well! :)
K-Business
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Re: Does anyone miss any of their exes?

Post by Ridlbox »

I might miss my ex ,but someday I'll get my scope fixed so I can hit my mark
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Ridlbox wrote:I might miss my ex ,but someday I'll get my scope fixed so I can hit my mark
That's the spirit! :)
K-Business
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

Unlike some of you guys, I've only ever owned one Tercel and she's been very good to me for the last 32 (almost) years. So we are still going strong together. I'm not a very fussy person. I don't mind her boxy look :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

Beautiful.
Enough said
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ Jonymoto:
Props to you! Beautiful, clean, and sanitary car, which certainly shows your pride of ownership and dedication over all of these years.

I will also agree with ridlbox - but of course, she feels the same...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
lannvouivre
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Post by lannvouivre »

I've only ever had the one car, but I'm sure Zach won't miss the impala much. Lord knows I won't miss that frickin' car for even a moment.
But...did you try hitting it with a hammer?
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

There's a reason why I added the photo of the engine compartment. For some unknown reason (to me) Toyota decided to add a component that I haven't seen in any of the photos on this or other sites 3AC or 4AC. The only alteration I've done to the engine is replaced the points distributor with an electronic one from a 4AC. Everything else is genuine. Let's see if one of you guys can pick it out and suggest why it's there.
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member

Post by Jonymoto »

No it's not the little magnetic led light on the bulk head. I forgot about that.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Screenshot_2016-04-01-05-51-46.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Jonymoto wrote:There's a reason why I added the photo of the engine compartment. For some unknown reason (to me) Toyota decided to add a component that I haven't seen in any of the photos on this or other sites 3AC or 4AC. The only alteration I've done to the engine is replaced the points distributor with an electronic one from a 4AC. Everything else is genuine. Let's see if one of you guys can pick it out and suggest why it's there.
i'm also wondering what the device is that dan circled in red, but it looks like an emissions component to me.

what's that black circular thing to the right of the battery?
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

dlb wrote:
what's that black circular thing to the right of the battery?
[/quote]
Voltage regulator

There also appears to be an extra port on the TVSV with a one way "jet" valve or unknown vac line at least. But the picture is not good enough for me to completely see that area.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

curious the wiper motor is on the opposite side as as well. wonder why they had to do that, it does not seem that would be related to left hand drive. are the wipers flipped around too?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

What is that ''hose thing" next to the dizzy and behind the AC pipe?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member

Post by Jonymoto »

Sorry Terceldude, I didn't mean to take over your thread.
Dan is correct. That thing on the valve cover is some sort of thermostatic vacuum control. It has an inlet and outlet ports. The single vacuum advance canister on the original points distributor used to be connected to the outlet port. The inlet port was connected to a port on the base of the carbie. So the vac advance only worked when the engine had reached operating temp. I couldn't understand why you guys kept saying to disconnect the vacuum advance when you adjust the timing. To me it didn't seem to make any difference. Then Dlb and Mark said to connect one port of the electronic dizzy to the base of the carbie and the other to the inlet manifold. So I'm now bypassing this valve. In the photo, I've just got a hose connected to both of its ports. No other 3AC or 4AC that I know of has one of these valves and I was wondering why Toyota thought I was special to give me one. Maybe Mattel can confirmed if his had one.
Petros - when you sit in the driver's seat, the wipers swing from left to right. I guess yours would be opposite otherwise the driver won't get a clear view of the upper part of the windscreen when it rains or snow in your case.
The black box behind the battery is the voltage regulator.
The two hoses behind the dizzy are for the vac advance. There's also a hose that goes from the fuel filter to the pump.
Another piece of useless info - 12 years ago, I decided to trade the Tercel for a Rav4. At the dealership I couldn't do it. So I kept it and my wife drives the RAV. I reckon in Australia over 95% of RAV4's are driven by women. Toyota tried to change this by introducing a 6 cylinder RAV4 for the macho guys. It must've been a flop because it has been discontinued.