Fun with the cordless mower!

Post here about...well...anything!
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Fun with the cordless mower!

Post by irowiki »

Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
lannvouivre
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Re: Fun with the cordless mower!

Post by lannvouivre »

Awww your son is so cute. Not too long until you can make him mow the lawn by himself!
But...did you try hitting it with a hammer?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

my lawn is so full of rocks and gravel I would not let my kids that close to the mower without heavy boots on, and full heavy coveralls.

I always find it amazing how the household chores like using the mower, such a chore to us, always has fascination with children and want to copy their parents. When my older daughter was a toddler she would always watch me do my daily activities and try and copy me. Once she was watching me shave,when I set the razor down she picked it up and started running it across her face imitating me. She put some tiny cuts on the edge of her lip and blood was running down her chin. fortunately the modern plastic safety razor does not cut too deep. Her chin was covered in blood and she did not even feel it. I washed her off real quick before she saw it start to panic. So watch where you put dangerous things when you have kids around.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Post by Mark »

I've said this before, but I still find that style of house in your neighborhood to be pretty cool. Maybe it's because they're so different from what we have around here. They remind me of the kind of futuristic houses that the 1950's promised me. They wouldn't look out of place in an old Star Wars movie.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I think that is called art deco, from the 1950's. Yes, trying to look "modern", the home of the future for the Jet age. We were victorious in WW2, all that modern military might rushed into production, Superior to any other military on earth. We just broke the speed of sound with the Bell X-1 and the Saber Jet, the Boeing 707 was sending passages at near the speed of sound around the world, which put the USA in the Jet Age, and were at the dawn of the space age sending rockets into space. Who would want something "old fashioned" and traditional?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Awe, who doesn't love playing with power tools!? That's a good Dad!

On the houses... Here they call them Mid-Century Modern (most houses with flat roofs). I noticed they're everywhere in the southwest, and get harder to find further north. I suspect the flat roof design has something to do with that, cost effective when you don't have to deal with much rain or snow. I'm a bit of an architecture geek, we have several Art Troutner custom homes around the city, and some other Mid-Century Modern houses/buildings that are fun to look at. Here's a link if anyone is interested: http://boisearchitecture.org/
lannvouivre
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Post by lannvouivre »

I thought it was just because they look like pueblos when you style them like that.
But...did you try hitting it with a hammer?
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Post by Mark »

I think they look like Flintstone houses. If you cut a large hole in the floor of your Tercels, you won't even have to use the engine.