Black Book Value

Post here about...well...anything!
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Black Book Value

Post by marlinh »

DSCF1862.JPG
I will be taking my car mint blue car (Everett) to ICBC in the next week to deal with repairing it. It got hit by a tree this winter. I had storage insurance on it, but I can't find information on its value.

I have been saving ads of cars for sale to argue my point. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Black Book Value

Post by dlb »

marlinh, i don't know about official values but i would print this out

download/file.php?id=4292&mode=view

as well as any other craigslist ads for mint al25's that are priced higher. these are very good chips to have when battling ICBC. i have friends who have used such ads (including forum member barto) to get what they actually deserved for cars, rather than the pittance ICBC offered.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member

Post by marlinh »

I've been printing off lots of ads to fight my corner. I just was curious of anyone elses experience.

ICBC called me back today and an adjustor is coming to my house to evaluate the car. It is saving me a pile of time because the town I live closest to (60 km, 40 miles away) no longer has an office. So it would be an extra 20 minutes farther to get to a facility. I would also have to insure it to get it there. Or pay an enormous tow bill.

I have all my receipts and ads to argue my point. I will let you guys know what happens.

That ad David is quite off the wall. Don't know what kind of sense of humour this guy will have. I will keep it simple.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member

Post by marlinh »

The adjustor came to my house today. He was a nice guy and asked me if I tried popping it out yet. I told him no and he hopped in and popped out most of the dent with his back. I gave him all my ads and they will send me a check and I get to keep the car. Going to insure it soon, now that winter is over.