The dangers of theft proofing

Post here about...well...anything!
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

The dangers of theft proofing

Post by irowiki »

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2014-09.html

Okay so it wasn't theft proofing but still funny!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: The dangers of theft proofing

Post by Gottolovem »

I actually know a guy that ran himself over trying to start his k5 blazer with a screwdriver he spent two months in the hospital.:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

While he was in the hospital he got a bill from the tow company that retrieved the destroyed blazer from the bottom of the hundred foot ravine it had driven itself into

DUMB A** JUST DOES NOT CUT IT :oldgeek: :oldgeek:
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: The dangers of theft proofing

Post by Petros »

why would you put it in gear to start it? I do not understand that.

There was a woman killed by here SUV in our area at her rural mailbox, I have actually done similar things. She pulled up to the mailbox and rolled her window down to reach her mail from the driver's seat. She was not as close as she thought so she opened the door to lean out further to reach the mailbox, to balance herself she put her foot on the ground next to the SUV, but authorities figured she forgot she was in gear and she let her foot off the brake. When the car crept forward she was trapped in the part open door of the SUV, the door was pushed up against the mail box, the SUV was trying to creep forward, and she could not get back in the seat, nor reach the brake or ignition switch, she was slowly crushed and suffocated to death.

Always put the car in park if you have to open the door, or even have to reach out the door for something, for any reason. Espcially in an auto trans car. Those are dangerous!
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)