what/where to check out in montana/idaho?

Post here about...well...anything!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: what/where to check out in montana/idaho?

Post by dlb »

after months on the shelf, i'm excited to say this trip is back on. here is our tentative route. we're still unsure about the route home but i'm reading back over the suggestions here and finding some good suggestions. we are allotting 3 weeks to the whole thing so hopefully that is enough and we don't feel rushed.

if anyone has anything else to add, please do so.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Vancouve ... 427963!3e0
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

cromagmom wrote:Stop by some hot springs! They're all over the place. If you drive along US-12 into Idaho over Lolo pass. There are a few right off the highway with good parking and nice trails. I could forward a hot spring map if you're interested.
i am definitely interested in that hot spring map. can you email it to me? that would be swell, thanks.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 tercel v20 B/T (The ROCKET)98 toyota t100

Post by larry mcgrath »

I'm a montana native, 69 years, Glacier Park is a must ___ going to the sun highway __ a must. Charlie Russel Art musium in Great Falls .one of the Best western artist that ever lived. The Kalispel area and Flat Head lake Polison area around the lake is real beautiful . going up the Sealey Swan valey 'lots of lakes beautiful country The highway skirts the Bob Marshel wilderness area. The Cherys should be in bloom and ripe all around Flat Head Lake. Yellow Stone Park is a great sight to see .lots af animuals in the park. The Cook City Red Lodge highway is the highest pass in Montana, quite a ride I think its like 12,000 ft. If your intrested in Wild Bill Cody there is the musium in Cody Wyoming --one of the nicest western musiums in the USA, If your intrested they have the largest Fire Arm collections in the WORLD-- valued at over a Billion dollars ,a truely unbleavable collection this will take up 2 days to fully see. the hot springs that were mentioned are South of Lolo Mont about 60 miles on the Locksaw River ,was there 5 weeks ago. one of the hot springs is Jerry Johnson springs,Lolo is south of Missoula about 25 miles. Kinda rambling on a bit but its a huge state with a lot to see, Hope this helps a bit Larry :D :D :D :D
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

larry, i've been hoping you would chime in here. glad you found the thread, and i will definitely take note of the stuff you mentioned. if you think of anything else, please add it! you can't ramble on enough about this stuff.