intermittent clogged toilet

Post here about...well...anything!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: intermittent clogged toilet

Post by dlb »

solarlord, long time no see! how are you? how's the jellied eel and blood pudding over there??

i recently realized the cause of my intermittent toilet woes: when i first moved in here, i installed a cheap universal low flow adapter thing. i will probably remove it some day but it's such a minor problem and so infrequent that it's not worth bothering with. it probably has saved us water in the long run, just annoying when it doesn't fully flush every 2 or 3 months.
lannvouivre
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Post by lannvouivre »

We have a new toilet from like Jacuzzi brand or something. Flushes really well and refills in seconds. Best. Toilet. EVER.

So you can get a good toilet with the lower water usage, you just have to be picky. I think if we get a house I will want another one, because in my childhood the toilets took over a minute to fill and were very loud about it.
But...did you try hitting it with a hammer?
drege
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Hadatercel

Post by drege »

Yea I'm with Derek, I had to open flush my black tank twice this year in my motorhome. The shutter and flex pipe had had enough baby whipes and paper towels - nothing better than coming home from a 60 hour work week and wallowing in 65 gallons of sh!t and p!ss water from your friends and family while you stick coat hangers up a 3" pipe and laying on your back under the rig in the puddle . . . .

I can't wait to have property and an outhouse for solids.
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

OMG, I hate those! I was a janitor before and had to deal with that more times than I care to count. It's like what happened to humanity?! ;)
K-Business