Spitfire Motor Rebuilding 2 1/2 Min Video

Post here about...well...anything!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Spitfire Motor Rebuilding 2 1/2 Min Video

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Amazing job by someone who is not only clever, but anal.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014032 ... /140329941
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: Spitfire Motor Rebuilding 2 1/2 Min Video

Post by Gottolovem »

How tedious move a part take a photo 3000 times very cool but no thank's
john
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 85 toy tercel 2wd wagon (formerly a 4wd automatic)

Post by john »

That was fun... not that I would ever document a repair like that... but it did bring back memories. My first car was a "73 spitfire. Had it several months and a valve dropped into the cylinder and came out looking like a pretzel. At the time, my car repair experience was not much more advanced beyond oil changing. I jumped into auto repair and got it done. I now have a '67 sitting in my driveway that someday I will get running... it has not been on the road since the 70's.

The best part of this slideshow was the parts on the ground that were leftover. I often seem to end up with extra parts also.
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

That engine rebuild would have taken about a week tops if he hadn't taken so many damn photos. Neat video at any rate. John be sure to get your '67 back on the road! Remember that leftover parts means the car will be lighter and faster. Just keep that sucker chained to your haus since Fresno is the car theft capital of the world.

I had a '76 Spit right out of college so we both know how much fun can be had in these cars. I very much regret selling it and have tried to find it but haven't had any luck.
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.