4wd Tercel AQUA CAR

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

4wd Tercel AQUA CAR

Post by jetswim »

Check out this photo from an 80's car mag I found at the dump.
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well - - -
It's pre-CGI, so I guess it's real?
I wouldn't have thought 62bhp could generate rooster tails (however modest), let alone just turn those balloons...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

that's gnarly dude. I could like get so pitted in that thing.

Coolest Terc driver yet!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Mattel wrote:that's gnarly dude. I could like get so pitted in that thing.
HAW !
Cool back! - I have no idea what that means, but it looked like it fit the above context...
8) :lol:
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

He's even got IRS in the back....KKKKKKKKKNARLY DUDE!
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Yano...
I could believe the two rear tires and the left front - but the right front? Looks kinda "away" from the corner of the car, as compared to its immediate sibling...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Tercshwimingwagon

Post by Mattel »

it's to strange not to believe.

I reckon if your were going to the effort to photomontage (pre photoshop) they would have used a more exotic 4wd. I think there's a bit of a sub frame and some reduction gearing in the hubs+engine hotness. The Terc is a really good car for this conversion

Also they are german plates> Uber practical swimmingwagon. Stereotypically not known for flashy showmanship....I'm a Tercshwimingwagon believer!

you could lose texas in those blind spots though
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

If those are "real" tires...not inflated plastic...they probably weigh more than an OEM Tercel?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

takza wrote:If those are "real" tires...not inflated plastic...they probably weigh more than an OEM Tercel?

But inflated they could easily hold themselves up with the car, especially if they're inflated to 300psi with nitrogen or helium. I'm pretty sure it's real, and I think that front right tire is just flexing for a wave.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Ever seen BigFoot swim? It float petty high up considering its monstrous tires an super-heavy truck.

Thats hilarious....

VW Truck-bus hubs? They had a good gear reduction in them.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

The only way 62 HP would turn those tires would be in EL and floored?

ptothej
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota Tercel 4wd wagon, lifted aprox. 3" in the rear, 2" in the front, tube bumper, 2k atv winch, K&N air filter, custom red/black paint job, custom shift knob

Post by ptothej »

I think it would be doable, as for the turning of the tires.. Im sure they arent cupping the water to bad, more "burning out" wouldnt they? With that theory said with the lack of traction you could probably eventually go up thru at least a few gears with momentum couldnt ya? If that makes sense.
Im awesome