Installing the MA700 airshocks......

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Weeeeny stock springs... lol...
Why not just rotate the entire shock in? You can mount shocks on our cars in 180 degree options, as it has the slide-bolt at the bottom. So either the valve point straight out or straight in. Dunno whats wrong with straight in.. I'll have to go look on my Monroe Sensa-Trac's.

I'd like to see some truck springs or something made useable. We call that a custom spring-pad on the axle and body. I doubt that'd be TOO difficult. However, I suppose we might end upwith 3 inches of lift. That whacks the driveline geometry in the back pretty far out.. Doubt the swaybar'd like that at all, though I suppose extended links aren't too hard to find.... But with that much lift, the axle might start swinging more forward owing to the set length of various locating linkages.

How long were the first generation 4wd Truck and 4Runner's front coils?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
kamiphloj
Top Notch Member

Air shock inlet

Post by kamiphloj »

If you look at the available clearance between the body,inboard of the shock and the upper 3 inches of the shock cylinder you will see that you can;t put your finger in between the shock and the body.This,I believe,is where the air in port would be.Perhaps hole saw thru and schrader valve would project to interior.
I thing the Australian springs designed for the Liquid petroleum gas conversion would work well.Earlier in the lift thread two suppliers were listed.I'll look it up again soon and post a part number and supplier.kamiphloj
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I think one guy on here did rotate them 180 to the inside...might have cut a hole.

You could probably use a large ball pein hammer to make enough space.

They would work to the outside if you never got serious about offroad driving.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...