Replacement E-brake handle cover

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Replacement E-brake handle cover

Post by SynthDesign »

Been too sick to work in the shop so I figured I'd tackle an easy job I've been meaning to do for quite a while.

I scavenged a leather E-brake handle out of an E36 Chassis'd BMW. The release button unscrews much like Toyota and the leather handle slid off with a bit of effort.

I took a dremel to a stock Tercel E-brake handle to cut off the molded plastic handle. The BMW leather grip and button are a bit larger, so I used a screwdriver to pry the the tercel E-brake tube open and enlarge the outside diameter.
IMG_0035.JPG
After that I tapped the button out with a 5x.75mm tap, glued the handle in place and viola, a leaver wrapped E-brake handle. Much nicer than the oxidized plastic unit I had before.
IMG_0034.JPG
This project cost me next to nothing and took all of 10 minutes to fabricate. I think a worthy upgrade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Replacement E-brake handle cover

Post by dlb »

badass! should look pretty tough, i like it.