Weber Fuel Jetting at 4500 ft

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
Carefree Carl
My tercel:: 85 Tercel SR5

Weber Fuel Jetting at 4500 ft

Post by Carefree Carl »

Hey guys,

Long time listener, first time caller. Love the program...

I scored a Weber for cheap from my brother's '79 Corona. He helped me install it this weekend, among other things (pics to come), but it's jetted too rich and won't pass emissions. I've used the search feature to try and locate specifics for my altitude, 4500 ft, but only found those higher and lower. Anyone out there in the middle like myself? We're grasping at straws to estimate...

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get this thing legal!
85 Tercel SR5- 163,000 miles
84 Tercel SR5- 255,000 miles. Blocked rear end for 4" lift... Died June 2005... R.I.P.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Weber Fuel Jetting at 4500 ft

Post by splatterdog »

Sorry, I have no numbers for you. There's at least a couple weber distributors that can take your vital info and suggest/sell you what you need.

Racetep.com is one.
webercarbsdirect is another I believe.
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

Try this link to racetep's altitude adjustment recommendations:
http://www.racetep.com/weberaltitude.html
This is all relative to the original jettings for sea level,
Using these numbers to adjust for my altitude does not jibe with someone else's seat of the pants settings for the same altitude (7200'-7500') When I do put the 32/36 on, I'm going to try raceteps settings to start, and work from there.
Hope that this helps.
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites
Carefree Carl
My tercel:: 85 Tercel SR5

Post by Carefree Carl »

Thanks guys. That's what I thought I would have to do.
85 Tercel SR5- 163,000 miles
84 Tercel SR5- 255,000 miles. Blocked rear end for 4" lift... Died June 2005... R.I.P.
TominMO
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 SR5

Post by TominMO »

Carefree Carl wrote:Hey guys,

Long time listener, first time caller. Love the program...

I scored a Weber for cheap from my brother's '79 Corona. He helped me install it this weekend, among other things (pics to come), but it's jetted too rich and won't pass emissions. I've used the search feature to try and locate specifics for my altitude, 4500 ft, but only found those higher and lower. Anyone out there in the middle like myself? We're grasping at straws to estimate...

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get this thing legal!
Look at the primary main jet, see what size it is, then go down to the next lower one (e.g. from 145 to 140). Also do this for the idle jet. This should help you with passing emissions. If necessary go down another step in the primary main and/or idle. Also check other obvious tune-up things like plugs, air filter, cap and rotor, oil/filter change; you can try dumping some "Guaranteed to Pass" in the gas tank too....If you are not familiar with Webers, read up on 'em (online or book), so you understand how they work.
1986 4WD Tercel, formerly gold, now camo
1995 Ford Aspire SE, MPG development car, shooting for 65 MPG hwy
1990 Ford Festiva, mild motor swap, HP development car
The other Tom M. in STL w/a gold 1986 SR5--from the universe where Spock has a goatee