Checking your float level...OEM carb..FA2000

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Checking your float level...OEM carb..FA2000

Post by dlb »

i actually really like those gauges that measure fuel consumption. my grandma has one in her '82 volvo, and my dad in his BMW. i think he said they're pretty easy to install but i haven't looked into it too much since i already drive like a granny. no offense, grandma.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

davidlucasbarnes wrote: i already drive like a granny. no offense, grandma.
Grandpaws have thin skin, too...
:lol:
Sometimes Goldie just pleads "Try 4000 rpms, Daddy! I can do it!" But you know how parents can be overprotective...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by 4wdchico »

ARCHINSTL wrote:
davidlucasbarnes wrote: i already drive like a granny. no offense, grandma.
Grandpaws have thin skin, too...
:lol:
Sometimes Goldie just pleads "Try 4000 rpms, Daddy! I can do it!" But you know how parents can be overprotective...
Tom M.
In my experience with small 4 cylinder Japanese engines, in both motorcycles and cars, I have found that they live longer and happier lives if they are revved up to somewhere near, but not over, their redlines on somewhat a regular basis.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

4wdchico wrote:...on somewhat a regular basis.
OT, but...I had to chuckle at this line. It reminds me of the woman who was asked about her secret to staying warm up North:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dbQqrEamdQ
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I've seen that page....but IMO...the EPA is pretty much full of beans...depending on which corporate run party is in power of course.

I once verified an 8-10% gain in mpg using a variety of oil additives in trans/diff/engine.

Both vehicles I drive currently do 33-34% better than the revised EPA city/highway mix. If I were to drive one vehicle 12K each year I'd save $309...with the other $461. Since I drive the higher mpg one most...maybe it's $350/yr. Not BIG MONEY...but it buys some beer...and an occasional lady of the evening. :mrgreen:

The mistake I made was to NOT buy some of the Eagle Research info when I first started out....could have saved a lot of expense and messing around.

Petros wrote:Some years ago the EPA investigated the claims of every gas mileage enhancer on a number of cars, including the vapor injectors. They also tried these turbulator inlet devices, engine oil additives, spark plugs, spark enhanser coils, fuel line magnets, etc. Every single one of them resulted no measurable increase when done in controlled conditions in back to back tests, some made the economy worse. The only one they liked was the meter all gave instant mpg readings to allow you to drive more carefully, but it in itself did not give better mileage of course.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...