more weber confusion

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
raybbaby

more weber confusion

Post by raybbaby »

I've now had the carb bolted in place for two days, and I can't figure out how to wire up the choke, does it need a new replacement idle solenoid where the little brass plug is? Also I can't fit the new throttle lever on the throttle shaft with that little "U" shaped bracket that comes on there. Is there a spacer I need to remove? I've looked at Dirtmagnets pictures and they are helpful to a point, but without a detailed picture/description of the linkage assembly I'm stuck. Please don't send any lame comments about looking at the instructions as anyone knows the illustrations provided are absolutlely inadequate. I should e-mail Weber or Redline and tell them that for what I payed for this carburetor, It should have clear concise instructions that show all the parts, not just what was convenient for them to draw. I'm beat for now, back tomorrow.
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Re: more weber confusion

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

raybbaby wrote:I've now had the carb bolted in place for two days, and I can't figure out how to wire up the choke, does it need a new replacement idle solenoid where the little brass plug is? Also I can't fit the new throttle lever on the throttle shaft with that little "U" shaped bracket that comes on there. Is there a spacer I need to remove? I've looked at Dirtmagnets pictures and they are helpful to a point, but without a detailed picture/description of the linkage assembly I'm stuck. Please don't send any lame comments about looking at the instructions as anyone knows the illustrations provided are absolutlely inadequate. I should e-mail Weber or Redline and tell them that for what I payed for this carburetor, It should have clear concise instructions that show all the parts, not just what was convenient for them to draw. I'm beat for now, back tomorrow.
Hey raybbaby, I had some similar problems to you when I first put my weber carb on. Check this link for some pretty detailed pics of what I did. Hopefully this helps you: viewtopic.php?t=1597
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
raybbaby

throttle cable

Post by raybbaby »

SWEET! The pictures were very helpful and I am one step closer, however now I can't thread the throttle cable back through the trundle or whatever that elongated bolt is called, and if I have to cut any more off because of fraying the cable will be too short. Any tricks to this? I'm about to drill the hole in the bolt a bit bigger, which it seems it should have been anyway. Thanks again.
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

I used to tin the ends of bicycle cables with solder to keep them from fraying.