Wheel offset questions

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
skicrosser
My tercel:: 1987 tercel 4wd 6speed

Wheel offset questions

Post by skicrosser »

I just bought some exim mesh rims for a steal and I'm wondering what I'd need to mount them. Will I need hubcentrics and spacers?
IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
The dimensions are 13x6 with a 4x100 bolt pattern and ET13 (13mm offset?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1987 al35 sr5 6 speed (first car)
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Wheel offset questions

Post by Petros »

best way to find out for sure is get the tires you want for it, the correct rolling dia is the most important asepct of tire size. Than mount them and see if you rub anywhere after you drive it. Than choose the spacer as required to minimize rubbing.

if you want to do a "proper job" of determining offset you dismantle the strut and remove the spring, put it back together. With the car up on a rack, you raise and lower each wheel, in various steering positions, and see if there are any clearance issues. Determine offset, or to clearance the fenders, wheel wells, etc as required. not as easy as the trial and error method, but usually what has to be done if you make a lot of changes to the suspention, off-set, fenders, etc.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
skicrosser
My tercel:: 1987 tercel 4wd 6speed

Re: Wheel offset questions

Post by skicrosser »

Do you know what the stock offset for the oem rims are? I'm searching around Google and the forum but can't find a definitive answer. My 20 spokes don't have any markings on them hence my confusion.

I'll test fit them when I get my winter set
1987 al35 sr5 6 speed (first car)