Rear bench seat

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
Buzzard67
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel Delux

Rear bench seat

Post by Buzzard67 »

Hi, I own a 1984 Toyota Tercel 1984 4x4 DXL and was wondering how do I get the lower rear bench seat out?
I have had other older cars 1971 Buick and 1971 GTO and all you had to do is use a little muscle and push straight back while lifting up to get over the latch. Now I have tried this on the Tercel with no luck. I did notice there are two black bars(straps) on both the driver and passenger side of the rear bench, do these have anything to do with the removal of the rear seat ? Should I pull on these or push them side to side. Do I need two people , one pulling or push while the other person pushes the seat back and up.
Let me know what you know.
Thanks Buzzard
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Rear bench seat

Post by Mattel »

pull on the little black levers and then the rear seat base should pop up with a little bit of effort. you can do one side at a time by yourself. Always interesting to see what you find back there!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms