Ghettomobile's Rides

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

These are my rides:

My first car, a 1986 Ford Bronco II

(this was the worst vehicle I have ever owned. it was so bad that I had trouble selling it, eventually selling it on ebay for $305 as a parts vehicle)

This was the second car I had, my Dad's 1997 Toyota Tacoma 4WD V6 LX with an automatic transmission

This was one of the best vehicles i have driven. It was good off road, and it did good on road. The only things I didnt like about it was its fuel economy (it got 15mpg most of the time) abd that it was an automatic. Another problem it had was that it overheated due to rust in the radiator (despite my efforts to flush it out) and it eventually broke while I was driving it due to a blown head gasket.

This is my current vehicle, a 1986 toyota
It is a 1 ton cab chassis pickup with toolboxes

Here is my 1984 Tercel 4wd
Notice the dented refrigerator, the Skid steer loader behind it, the TV set, and the grey 5 gallon bucket. The 5 gallon bucket was full of rust, old gas, and new gas that was out of the tercels tank. I am considering buying a sediment bowl for this car because it clogs up fuel filters in less than 1000 miles.

Here is a pic I took when I bought it. I used My dads truck and his heavy equipment trailer to get it home.
I have to do other things right now because I am going on a trip to so cal, but I will post pics of my other vehicles and the Tercel as soon as I get back. :)

This has to be my favorite part of the whole car. Since it is an 84 and an SR5, it came with an Inclinometer. I find it funny how toyota put a picture of a wagon on the tilt indicators. The picture of the wagon on the dials is universal for the 4 runner one and the Landcruiser BJ70 (unfortunately not sold in the US). I like to go around turns and watch the side to side one go all the way over to 30 degrees, and then hit the brakes and watch the front to back one go all the way forward. Image
Enjoy. there are still more pics to come, like interior pic of the tercel and a few of my other vehicles.

Here is my motorcycle. It is a 1984 Honda XL200R.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Those trucks are nice.
Wonder why it rusted in the rad.?

Hows the 1-ton working for you?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Toyota's_Abortion

Post by Toyota's_Abortion »

That Taco is sexy. I might be acquiring a 1998 TRD in the near future. Blame the Bronco II problems on the french. Their the ones who made the horrible stock A4LD. Slap an American rebuild in it and it can be a great little SUV.

Listen carfully for whistling when your in that mightymex. The vatos might just take your wheel right out from under you!

Typrus- Whats the story behind the new avitar.
Sould have bought a Datsun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

The main char of the webcomic was just raped by an alien face-sucker.

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

The One ton truck is great, it has a 22re engine and a 4 speed tranny(manual of course). The 22re is the most bulletproof engine that toyota ever made. It is also my favorite engine (along with the 3s-gte)(I also own a 1988 Celica all- trac, although it is in pieces because my dad never finished replacing the engine). The only problem I am having with it is that it wont pass smog, so I cant register it, but atleast it doesn't break down on me and leave me stranded like my bronco and tacoma did.

BTW: Typrus, I hope we didnt get off on the wrong foot, because I was just like you were when I got my first car. I had all these plans for it (such as a lift kit, bigger tires, and a bunch of KC lights on a light bar (as well as on the back to blind evil tailgaters)), but that all ended when the automatic transmission stripped the splines on the torque converter and the input shaft. After that, I realized that It wasn't worth modifying on old ford when the parts it had were breaking. It took me quite a while to realize that, but I eventually did. Now that I am 18 and graduated from high school, I now have the time to modify stuff, but now my interests are elsewhere, because I now want to put my money into travelling and going places, rather than making stuff(although making a straight axle toyota into something does sound appealing).
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

Ah yes, the French. They designed a terrible transmission in 1985 to leave me stranded at school in 2003. At least the engine is built in Germany
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

The 22RE just doesn't stop running. My neighbors has 800k on it last I knew. He's on his third trans, he has so many replacement body parts of different colors its the technicolor dreamcar, and hes on his 4th carb. When he first moved up here, it was on 40 inch tires with a god-knows-how-big lift. I don't personally remember it as I was 5, but I've seen pictures. It was huge. Its stock again now.

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Or was his just the 22R? At any rate its a 22R(x) in an 80's Toyota 4x4 Truck.

ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

It is the 22r, because it has a carburetor. The E of 22R-E means electronic fuel injection and it also has an electronic timing advance rather than a vacuum one.
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

Here is my 1987 CRX Si:
It is kind of a yard car because the interior is stripped and it has some drivetrain issues.

I am also into photography. I take most of my pictures witha nikon N80 35mm film camera, but I also have taken pictures such as this one with my digital camera:
Image This picture was taken at Sly Park Lake in Northern California.

This picture was taken in cameron park, california right after it rained:

This picture of folsom lake was taken in this gated community known as Southpointe. This is the reason I go into these gated areas and get chased by the rent a cops. I like to take pictures, and gated communities and rent a cops arent going to stop me from getting to where I like to take pictures from.
Eatpants
Advanced Member

Post by Eatpants »

i thought cameron park was in LA????
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

ghettomobile wrote:

I am also into photography. I take most of my pictures witha nikon N80 35mm film camera, but I also have taken pictures such as this one with my digital camera:
Have you ever checked out the pics on this site...a lot of user-posted outdoor shots....good for wallpaper....lots of ideas and places to go....

<a href='http://www.wunderground.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.wunderground.com/</a>

Got to watch that traveling bug...once it gets you....you might never stop.....

I'm into the picture thing myself though my digital is limited quite a lot.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

ghettomobile, why does it look like the windows, on the right-hand side of your Tercel 4WD, are broken? If they are, get them replaced and have your Tercel fully restored at MAACO. Just a good suggestion. Keep up the good Tercel 4WD progress. :rolleyes: :) B) :huh:
K-Business